Honda ghx50 Gas leaks from pcv

GoldenMotor.com

bikebro

Feb 24, 2014
Ms
Someone please say the reason this honda engine is squirting a lot of gas out the pcv hole in the engine. The bike is running but there's a lot of gas spraying out. What do i do about this strange issue? thanks!

bikebro

Feb 24, 2014
Ms
hey man; thanks for the reply; yes! it's fuel that's spewing out of my engine; not spewing out of the carb but where the positive crank case vent hose from hole in the engine leads to the air breather. Fuel is basically pumping out of this port in the engine.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Pictures would help.

Is this a pos crank vent valve seen from the area near the valves and have a hose that reroutes the oil fumes back to the airfilter on the carb to be burned?

Oil fumes not gas would be out the pcv.

There is the chance that worn intake valve has the seat and valve worn and clearance gap for timing is off. I've seen it where intake valve stays open too long a time. Then with compression stroke intake valve staying open too long will creature the same venturi effect and suck gas, but spray it the opposite way out the throat of the carb at the air filter. This is where it coud be gas going into the hose to the pcv.

MT

bikebro

Feb 24, 2014
Ms
I'll try and send some pics in the morning; i must confer with my more knowledgeable friend as i have no idea what you said :) thanks and i appreciate you!

Seabass

Oct 22, 2016
Colorado
Ok what you got is a leaking needle and seat in the carb. The carb kinda works like a toilet, a float comes up and shuts off the flow of gas. Yours is leaking allowing gas to flow thru your intake into the cylinder and past the rings into your crankcase. Or into the intake an thru the intake valve guide. Either way not good.

Remove you carb bowl, remove the pin holding your float, now the needle and clip should come out with the float. Check to make sure your float is not full of gas. Install new needle and seat, check to make sure the float does not hit the top. if it's plastic a heat gun can be used to bend it back. put bowl back on!!

Now having a can carb cleaner while doing this is a good idea. Id even strip a piece of stranded wire and clean out all the little holes with it. Oh yeah change your oil!!!!

Hey there is a good small engine guy on YouTube....taryl fixes all..look for a guy with buck teeth and a mullet wig. Bare with the silliness this guy is clever and knows what he is doing.

Oh yeah when I do this to a carb i can usually do it on the machine.

Last edited:

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
If what Seabass said is confirmed, I'd say to changed the oil frequently after fixing it. The metal can absorb gasoline into like pores in the metal. This thins out the oil. It would be best to clean the crankcase, but short of that, without opening the crankcase and cleaning and drying out what gasoline might be retained in the metal inside, changing the oil for a while frequently can help some.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
It's most likely not coming out of the PCV, but probably the overflow line. A lot of carbs have a bowl overflow line that gets routed up high. The idea is to allow a little wiggle room in bowl level when hitting bumps, but not enough to allow to force in the venturi of the carb. Anyway, Seabass is probably right. A picture would 100% confirm it.

Or your engine just may be completely full of gas. And that would be bad.

bikebro

Feb 24, 2014
Ms
thank y'all for all the input. when i have time, i'll drain the oil/gas out and replace and hoping that when i crank it up that the vibrations would reseat the needle valve. if it don't then i remove the bowl and fix it that way. in the future i plan to shut of my fuel flow with an inline shutoff valve to keep this nonsense from happening again. once i get it lined out, i'll let yall know. thanks again

Seabass

Oct 22, 2016
Colorado
Check out that taryl fixes all on YouTube. This guy I great. Makes good videos and knows his shat. He has one about plastic floats and warping problems with them. It sounds like your problem.

Dont just change the oil and hope!!! Pinching off the fuel line and changing you needle and seat will take about 5 minutes. Its going to take you about the same time to change the oil. you can use jacks small engines.com for parts just watch out they are stupid about shipping!!!! I ordered 1 carb bowl oring, it came in a 6 by 6 by 6 box full of padding. They could have stuck it in an envelope and mail it for 50 cent not 7.95 shipping. Maybe you could find something local, or just someone smarter.com.

Last edited:

bikebro

Feb 24, 2014
Ms
i've been through two of the huasheng carbs and now i have one i bought from thats Dax. i'll have to look and see if he has the parts for it. i see your point and i'll fix it right :)

Seabass

Oct 22, 2016
Colorado
Now I was looking at a diagram for your carb. It seems that there is a bowl overflow drain. It could be leaking out of there if it is not upright. That is actually what the drain is for. What was wrong with the first carb, you may have parts to fix this one?

bikebro

Feb 24, 2014
Ms
This is the dax carb i have TITAN XC50 Carburetor 4 STROKE RUI 124. I was like you in thinking if there's an overflow of fuel, why the heck did it not drain out the clear hose. it has two clear hoses that run down; one may be a vent and the other is suppose to be for an overflow but gas did not drain from there. the bike is sitting upright and i cranked it up and while the bike was running, i saw that fuel was spraying out the pcv hole. i'll have time today and i expect that my crankcase is full of fuel :( oh the carb parts... i was thinking if i needed a new float or needle valve i'd check with dax