Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Mountain Bikes and Road Bikes

Motorized Mountain Bikes and Road Bikes Motorize a full suspension mountain bike to get a smother ride or for a little more speed try motorized road bicycles. This section is for sharing ideas on motorizing your mountain and road bikes.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:42 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Redbox Racer post build build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogollonmonster View Post
Call Duane at that's Dax, get an FS80, it'll run you about $150 shipped. Balanced crank, 40mm rod, grade 8 hardware throughout. Best bang for your buck.
Big Thanks Mr M-Monster, Good to know this info and his stock number, price because his web site puts me into seizure mode, I don't ever know what description goes with what engine and all the options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68roPGcAfXs

--------------------
Zip
Old 09-07-2016, 12:34 AM

I hear you, it took me forever to figure out that schizophrenic lay out. Glad I did though, I can post his phone number if you like, but I'm pretty sure it's on the top of his page, in some funky color or another.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:38 AM

Oh and have him build you the motor for his RT head, and pick one up with your order. He won't charge extra for the set-up, and the head is about $37. Its defiantly worth it. Lots of power and lower temps. Like Twain said, "-you will not regret it, if you live" lol
Old 09-07-2016, 07:21 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

@ziptie

Sounds about right it's my fault the tach died. I ordered a new one already so I can have it sitting on the bike with no engine. Some of the pictures I took I had HDR turned on so it let way too much light in.

The FS80 is different from the F80 right? I went to the site and ended up more confused than when I started. How much better is it than the normal HT engine?

Also, will the dax stuff work with the other chinese stuff?

Last edited by 2Slow4U; 09-07-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:14 AM

@2slow4u. Yep as long as the new tach isn't hooked up to anything it wont break. You need to get the Mogollonmonster to translate the Dax web site, Some how he manages to figure out what goes with what and he knows his stuff. I always leave way too confused and scared to hit the buy button. All I know is Duane at Dax seems to never let's anyone down. Yes all his stuff is compatible he seeks out the best available and reworks what's needed.

Zip
Old 09-09-2016, 09:04 AM

I'm pretty sure what the difference is that.... I have no idea lol. He sells both the 49 and the 60-ish cc motors, he also uses the same engine as the basis of his 'Lil Evil' kit, which is an F(s)80 with some soup poured on it.

I've bought a few things off the website, but usually I just call, I'm a red neck, I like to flap my jaw with folks, especially if they know stuff I don't. Just give him a ringy dingy, he's answered the phone for me at 7:00pm on a Saturday. If he's there, he'll answer, he was working on a customer's gearbox. THAT'S customer service!

If we all piss and whine, maybe he'll finally fix the site...lol

If I'm not mistaken the difference between F and FS is that the F denotes his "block" (which is actually a running engine without carb and exhaust.) whereas FS denotes his kit. I could be wrong. In all honesty, the key to figuring out his site is to use it like a photo inventory of his stock, then call him. That's how I do it, picture, price, phone. Primitive, I know, but they don't call me Kaveman for nothing.

Last edited by mogollonmonster; 09-09-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:06 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

I'll call him up once I get some money together. I've got to get some work done on my teef that will cut into my bike budget big time. Hopefully the tooth fairy will go easy on me.

I have a couple options, the cheapest route seems to be to just get the bottom end and re-use my old top.

I might just save my pennies and bust open my piggy bank and get the little evil kit for the extra soup.

Last edited by 2Slow4U; 09-14-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:36 AM

2Slow, I have joined the Upside Down Tank Club. Front tank bracket went AWOL, and I got my right boot filled with premix...

All extra soup is worth it! That motor, with the SBP pipe you have should do 40 easily, depending on your weight. I just kissed at 37 (36.9mph) on murder yesterday.
Old 09-17-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogollonmonster View Post
2Slow, I have joined the Upside Down Tank Club. Front tank bracket went AWOL, and I got my right boot filled with premix...

All extra soup is worth it! That motor, with the SBP pipe you have should do 40 easily, depending on your weight. I just kissed at 37 (36.9mph) on murder yesterday.
MM, it would of been nice if you would of sent photographic proof of your feat. However, we trust your word. So you now get the rare member bonus of the upside down tank club, and have acquired instant super elite status and hall of fame induction for boot fillage gas foot. It's a true feat. ( no pun ) congrats!
Dang it...I've got to try an expansion chamber exhaust and graduate from my almost free, downward pointing mini factory, flash chromed, rattling, power robing poo poo pipe.

2slowforu, teeth (teef) can be as painful as the bill they give you after the fix. Hopefully you get back on the road soon.
Old 10-15-2016, 12:02 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

OMG, where'd you get that chain tensioner? Been looking for one that mounts closer to the engine. Do you have any issues with the chain popping off the rear sproket?

Tags
slow