Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Mountain Bikes and Road Bikes

Motorized Mountain Bikes and Road Bikes Motorize a full suspension mountain bike to get a smother ride or for a little more speed try motorized road bicycles. This section is for sharing ideas on motorizing your mountain and road bikes.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:42 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Finally "done" with my build :)

This might be a stupid question but is this still a fixed hear rear wheel, that would be tough for me to handle IDK about others.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:16 PM

Consider putting a front fender on as well as the rear. Have you ridden in the rain yet? Above 25mph the front tire creates a vertical line of water that gets you wet right down the middle. I rode no fenders and while my back was dry, I had to hang off to one side just to see straight...
Old 07-11-2016, 07:33 PM

Just bought a new fuel line at tractor supply for $10. Came with four hose clamps.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyh View Post
It's been a long journey building a motorized bike but for all intents and purposes I'm done. I gotta give thanks to the people on this forum; You people are awesome and helped me a lot! It started as a manged mess First Build: issues, but it got there. I can see why there are recommended bikes to use as a build...
Yeah ditto that. Took my first test ride around the block today...slow, nice and easy at first. Gonna attach the speedo tomorrow and check if there's any interference issues. Sharp snappy bike you got there. Love dem pedals.

-
Old 10-14-2016, 11:49 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Sorry for the long reply time... works been kind of crazy and my bike rattled the gas tank loose to the point it spun, and dropped the brackets off mid ride. Was so pissed that it's been sitting in the basement until today for repairs.

Glued a piece of bike tube to the groove on the underside of the tank and replaced the brackets on bottom with rubber coated conduit holders from home depot. That sucker isn't gonna twist on me anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalnewb View Post
That looks like a dual front/rear brake, cool concept, I'm unfamiliar with these and would like to know more.
Yeah, it's pretty sick. I was getting by just using the front brake, but got into a few close calls pushing 40mph. Extra stopping power is a must. I don't know how to describe it, but the piece that the cable goes into is on a pivot to keep an even pull on both wires. It works real well. Just set it up to your braking power distribution of choice and good to go.
http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog...products_id=41

Quote:
Better get a new fuel line asap, that looks like one that comes with the kit. Mine has fallen off twice, it hardens as it ages. I'm going to get a new one this week.
Yup, new fuel line on today's repairs cause it's fallen off on me twice too. Once leaving me stranded far from home with an empty tank and the other time covering my leg on the way to work.

Quote:
This might be a stupid question but is this still a fixed hear rear wheel, that would be tough for me to handle IDK about others.
Oh, god, no. That'd be a deathtrap waiting to happen. Can you imagine how fast your peadals would be spinning on that single gear ratio? lol. It's a flip-flop hub. The single-speed coaster hub side is connected to the pedal drive. The fixie is attached to the engine side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony01 View Post
Consider putting a front fender on as well as the rear. Have you ridden in the rain yet? Above 25mph the front tire creates a vertical line of water that gets you wet right down the middle. I rode no fenders and while my back was dry, I had to hang off to one side just to see straight...
That's funny, when I first rode in the rain w/o fenders, my front was fine, and my back was soaked. The skinny tires make a smaller rooster tail. I just manage by keeping the wheel straight as much as i can and letting the downtube block it for me