Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > High Performance Bicycle Engine Tips and Motorized Race Bicycles

High Performance Bicycle Engine Tips and Motorized Race Bicycles We all want our bicycle engines to push our bikes faster. Get exclusive engine modification tips and suggestions from us. Also check out some of our racing members builds

Old 10-24-2016, 06:10 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Tuning your expansion chamber and Carburetor

JOBAfunky,
My advice on tuning your new banana pipe is walk to a cliff and throw it like a boomerang. If it dosn't come back buy a real expantion chamber and start tuning with that. If you have problems with your new racing carb go back to your NT. You can get good results with stock parts.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:11 PM

JOBAfunky,
My advice on tuning your new banana pipe is walk to a cliff and throw it like a boomerang. If it dosn't come back buy a real expantion chamber and start tuning with that. If you have problems with your new racing carb go back to your NT. You can get good results with stock parts.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:15 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Nice, There's no way I'm dropping serious money on on a part that has a high chance of not fitting. My carb if fine I was just seeing if anybody knew if I should lean or richen the mixture.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:26 PM

The best way is to check the colour of your spark plug. The general rule is that you may have to jet richer. The expansion chamber is likely less restrictive than the stock muffler. When you replace the stock muffler with an xchamber you are creating a leaner condition in most cases.

Not every banana is the same. One is an expansion chamber with no baffles and one has baffles to act a bit like a muffler.

Also, in simple terms, the shorter the header pipe the higher the rpm power band. And, of course, the longer the header pipe the lower the rpm power band.

Last edited by Chaz; 10-26-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:04 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

If you need performance always start from the inside work your way out these Motors are out of balance on purpose because they're running bass ackwards during compression stroke the Piston is pushing for words toward the exhaust port if you increase performance you will burn your piston balance the crank Spin jug and piston around which takes very little porting mix your fuel ratio 50 to 1 now your engine will run way cooler and is ready for your outside mods

Last edited by Bass ackwards; 12-20-2016 at 11:18 PM.