Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > Mounting Techniques for Bicycle Motors

Mounting Techniques for Bicycle Motors Every frame is different. Share and ask questions about mounting your engine kit to your frame or rack

Old 02-17-2016, 10:28 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Default need helping figuring out how to replicate this build

this is a very custom job done by a 80+ year old machinist who was into the hobby. i rode it several times and it was the best riding motorized bicycle you could imagine. but now i want my own but im not sure where to start with these mounts like i said it was super custom. please examin the pics and tell me your advice. i want to do this as cheap as i can without sacrificing quality

http://imgur.com/a/VxknB
Old 06-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Default Re: need helping figuring out how to replicate this build

I see this is an older post but i would be interested in this also. would it be better to put a rack mount on this type of bike?
Old 06-16-2016, 06:01 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: need helping figuring out how to replicate this build

Lol. That doesn't look super custom. It looks like a guy with only a drill and hacksaw and some scrap metal cobbled it together in a day or two. I wouldn't use that frame, looks like a lower end variety full suspension but hey if it works, then it works. Careful though might hit the motor on a big bump. Rackmount? Yea no problem I guess... Gonna have to be a very strong rack however and a very strong swing arm. Might have to make your own swing arm as they are only designed for certain loads and directions.