Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > High Performance Bicycle Engine Tips and Motorized Race Bicycles

High Performance Bicycle Engine Tips and Motorized Race Bicycles We all want our bicycle engines to push our bikes faster. Get exclusive engine modification tips and suggestions from us. Also check out some of our racing members builds

Old 09-28-2016, 03:28 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Default Re: 212 predator build

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotto- View Post
"Reading" and/or replacing spark plugs on these 4-stroke engines is not really necessary compared to adjusting the valve lash. I've been racing my current 215cc Predator engine for over 4 years now and haven't had to change the spark plug yet.

The engine has 62 hours on it now....hard racing and pushing 9,000rpm at times while putting out around 25HP.

Originally I ran the GTC Torque Converter set-up on my race bike until the horsepower was exceeding 15HP and started smoking the belts. Now I run a 2-disc cent. clutch and no more broken belts.

Thanks that's nice to know about the plug!

Your build is what inspired me to do mine. Your bike is super bad ass

I was originally going to use that centrifugal clutch set up but I had this cheapo torque converter already so I'm seeing how I like it. So the AGK calculator says my gearing is 11.111. Do you have any recommendations for gearing so It doesn't always want to pull the front wheel off the ground on take off? I'm also working on figuring out jetting on this so I can tune my carb correctly. I drilled it enough to kick over and idle but once it's warm I need to turn in the idle adjustment or she dies and when cold I have to back it out or it takes off on me

Thanks for any advise!
Old 10-07-2016, 10:58 PM
Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder

Smile Re: 212 predator build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarion1 View Post
Thanks that's nice to know about the plug!

Your build is what inspired me to do mine. Your bike is super bad ass

I was originally going to use that centrifugal clutch set up but I had this cheapo torque converter already so I'm seeing how I like it. So the AGK calculator says my gearing is 11.111. Do you have any recommendations for gearing so It doesn't always want to pull the front wheel off the ground on take off? I'm also working on figuring out jetting on this so I can tune my carb correctly. I drilled it enough to kick over and idle but once it's warm I need to turn in the idle adjustment or she dies and when cold I have to back it out or it takes off on me

Thanks for any advise!
Thank you for sharing you build and putting in the time and effort that it takes to get it right. The gearing is much easier than the jetting to get right, that's for sure.

I really like running 11.11:1 for my tall gearing so to speak. With the TC set-up it worked great and did keep the front wheel down a little easier than lower gearing. With my current set-up that is about as tall of gearing I can use at the track and get away with as the tracks are fairly short and tight.

Ratios of between 10.41:1 and 12:1 are what I play with on this race bike,it really depends on the track and the conditions. Jetting on the other hand is whole different ball of wax to deal with as elevation changes things as well. Just experiment and take notes with making changes in small increments.....be very patient no matter what, it will pay off in no time.
Nothing is out of my realm,
if it doesn't fit, make it fit! Beer is the answer....what was the question?
A sense of humor costs nothing, why don't people use them more often?
"You can't buy respect.....you have to earn it"
==================================================

Last edited by scotto-; 10-07-2016 at 11:04 PM.