Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > High Performance Bicycle Engine Tips and Motorized Race Bicycles

High Performance Bicycle Engine Tips and Motorized Race Bicycles We all want our bicycle engines to push our bikes faster. Get exclusive engine modification tips and suggestions from us. Also check out some of our racing members builds

Old 03-12-2016, 03:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: 212 predator build

any update on the build?
Old 04-11-2016, 11:51 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

It's been a while! I built the HD axle kit into my rear wheel BUT I just ordered new rims so I get to do it again.. also ordered a fork and front disc hub and hydrolic moped brakes. Finally getting some time to work on this again! So hopefully pics and progress to come :-)
Old 04-27-2016, 01:32 AM

Not a huge update but I just finished installing my new fork! Went from 1 inch threaded to 1 1/8 inch threadless. My plan was to split the head tube open and tap in a new head tube for 1 1/8 forks and weld it up but it was big enough I tried to modify the original headset to reuse that and the bearings and such then decided that I didn't like that plan and scrapped it. So instead since I already ordered it and had it handy (1 1/8 headset) I ground down the part that presses in and cut 4 thin slits in them and also ground out the headset a bit and tapped them in to start and then pressed them in the rest of the way. Actually a very simple process with a bench grinder, die grinder and a press. Tomorrow my rims should arrive and I can build my wheels and get those done! Woohoo! Small steps but she'll get there ☺
Old 05-10-2016, 02:08 AM

Well I got a few things done! Installed the ARC connecting rod, cam, springs and flywheel to the motor ☺. And I got my solid steel rod shoved in the seat tube for clamping support. And tonight I installed the motor mount and motor. I have a few little touch ups to the mounts before she's 100% but it's looking good so far! Next I figure I'll build the jackshaft and see if my torque converter is usable on this bike or if I need to go a different route.

The little wheels are just for working on the bike until I build my main set 🙄
Old 05-10-2016, 07:12 AM

Nice fit!! Can I ask why you think the torque converter might not work? Bike is looking good...
Old 05-12-2016, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMagz View Post
Nice fit!! Can I ask why you think the torque converter might not work? Bike is looking good...
Thanks! She's a bit of a squeeze to get in there! I did have to mill some material off of the front mount to get it to work because of the bolts holding the engine to the plate. The cnc motor mount they make for this engine would have been much smarter and easier to work with.

After looking at the tranny and holding it up on the motor I see now that it should work out. I was worried because I looked at a couple and the drive sprocket was outside the housing for use without a jackshaft but the one I have has it on the inside and will require cutting the cover for the chain to come out which will go to the jackshaft then to the wheel. This set up is actually good as I will have to space it off the block or shave the shaft housing down a bit because it hits the seat post. And a sprocket against the seat post would have been a lot more trouble to deal with it think
Old 05-12-2016, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMagz View Post
Thanks! She's a bit of a squeeze to get in there! I did have to mill some material off of the front mount to get it to work because of the bolts holding the engine to the plate. The cnc motor mount they make for this engine would have been much smarter and easier to work with.

After looking at the tranny and holding it up on the motor I see now that it should work out. I was worried because I looked at a couple and the drive sprocket was outside the housing for use without a jackshaft but the one I have has it on the inside and will require cutting the cover for the chain to come out which will go to the jackshaft then to the wheel. This set up is actually good as I will have to space it off the block or shave the shaft housing down a bit because it hits the seat post. And a sprocket against the seat post would have been a lot more trouble to deal with it think
Old 05-12-2016, 11:20 AM

If you get one of these plates you won't need a jackshaft.http://gokartsusa.com/Motorized-Bicy...160-GX200.aspx there rear is for 5/8 shaft I use the one that comes with cvt ..cut it and put a clamp on the end.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:22 AM

A lot of guys say the belt on the torque converter slips with the 212 and it sounds like your motor is pretty built to. I would just get the noram cheetah clutch and be done with it.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:10 PM

Depending on your pulley size going to rear wheel it could slip. With an Ax belt and the pulley no smaller than 2.5 it won't slip. If you run just a v belt oh ya it's going to slip. Also a spring loaded tensioner will help a lot to prevent slipping. A clutch is a way to go but that's more for racing. The cvt is the best drive for the streets.