Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > High Performance Bicycle Engine Tips and Motorized Race Bicycles

High Performance Bicycle Engine Tips and Motorized Race Bicycles We all want our bicycle engines to push our bikes faster. Get exclusive engine modification tips and suggestions from us. Also check out some of our racing members builds

Old 12-16-2015, 06:45 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Default Re: 212 predator build

That thing fits in there really nice.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:41 PM

Yeah its just about right on. There's a ton of room to mount it completely vertical but I like the looks of it slanted like that
Old 12-16-2015, 03:03 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Lookin good!
Old 12-16-2015, 03:58 PM

Yea the motor is designed to be slanted so the flatter you can get it the better.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:27 PM

Subscribing to this thread.

Did you custom make that mount or did you buy a kit?
Old 12-19-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caoboy View Post
Subscribing to this thread.

Did you custom make that mount or did you buy a kit?
I bought a mounting kit but I couldn't get the mounting brackets to work with the angle so im going to weld on exhaust clamps at the proper angles so it will fit right and sinch down properly. Should have just made it all myself and saved $40. Oh well. Live and learn!
Old 02-06-2016, 12:33 AM

Slow going on my build but I've ordered some more part's! :-D. I ordered a diy exhaust kit! It's got a flange and header, straight, u, 45, and 90 pieces to work with and it was only $45ish! Last night I ordered a wide pedal crank kit and a 22mm mikuni carb kit that comes with a few things. This morning I called arc racing and ordered a flywheel, rod, type 2 cam, 26lb springs and an offset timing key. I have to look at everything but I think I just need a new fork and disc hub and front and rear breaks and tires. I don't remember saying but Im using a torque converter for now. We'll see how she does anyway. Also laced my rear wheel to my HD axle kit. Still need to figure out how to true it and make it usable.

And I picked up a side project building a 79 pred for a guy at work. Got it mounted and lined up and built a Jackshaft and started puting it together. Just waiting on a wide pedal kit for it and I need to install the breaks and primary chain and fuel tank and fit an exhaust and carb which Im using from an unused 2 stroke kit. She's looking pretty good and I'm excited to test it and get crackin on mine!

To be continued :-)
Old 02-06-2016, 08:41 AM

When you set up your CVT and gearing, start counting the ratio from the output sprocket of the CVT and set it up as if it were a single speed. If you can align the output sprocket with the hub sprocket you can probably get away without using another JS. You're probably gonna push about 8-9hp there, so I think you can safely run a tall ratio like 6:1. On 26" tires, and the CVT upshifted to 1:1, your speed at 4000rpm will be 50mph. If you decide to run CVT only I think you can send those expensive go-fast parts back to AGK and save yourself a few hundred bucks.

No point in going faster. you'll realize this when you hit your first pothole at 50mph, spine begging for mercy from those skinny bike tires and saddle springs

or.. keep the go fast parts.. and forget the CVT.. it eats power.. more so as the belt wears. I tried numerous transmissions until I found what I liked on my bike.. with only 4, maybe 4.5hp I achieved 50+ with a 2-speed auto and 7.7 top gear. prior to building a 2-speed I had chosen a single speed over the CVT.. the difference was about 15mph!!

build is looking good, best of luck and can't wait to see it done.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beginner01 View Post
When you set up your CVT and gearing, start counting the ratio from the output sprocket of the CVT and set it up as if it were a single speed. If you can align the output sprocket with the hub sprocket you can probably get away without using another JS. You're probably gonna push about 8-9hp there, so I think you can safely run a tall ratio like 6:1. On 26" tires, and the CVT upshifted to 1:1, your speed at 4000rpm will be 50mph. If you decide to run CVT only I think you can send those expensive go-fast parts back to AGK and save yourself a few hundred bucks.

No point in going faster. you'll realize this when you hit your first pothole at 50mph, spine begging for mercy from those skinny bike tires and saddle springs

or.. keep the go fast parts.. and forget the CVT.. it eats power.. more so as the belt wears. I tried numerous transmissions until I found what I liked on my bike.. with only 4, maybe 4.5hp I achieved 50+ with a 2-speed auto and 7.7 top gear. prior to building a 2-speed I had chosen a single speed over the CVT.. the difference was about 15mph!!

build is looking good, best of luck and can't wait to see it done.

Thanks for the info! I bought the cvt and an adapter for the bike I'm building for a guy I work with but the keyway is built in so I couldn't use it there and didn't want to deal with returning it to ebay for my $75 so I thought I would just try it out on my build. Eventually I want to put on a centrifugal clutch that I see is popular on these builds (can't recall the name of it at the moment) the hop up parts are really just a safety issue as I didn't want anything to blow up between my legs :-)

I have most everything to do this project. I just need to finish this other bike first so I can get back on mine. I'm getting pretty excited to get going on it though :-D pretty soon!
Old 03-05-2016, 11:39 PM

I subscrided, wanna see what you CME up with.