Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Mountain Bikes and Road Bikes

Motorized Mountain Bikes and Road Bikes Motorize a full suspension mountain bike to get a smother ride or for a little more speed try motorized road bicycles. This section is for sharing ideas on motorizing your mountain and road bikes.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default Re: 2010 Specialized HardRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave31 View Post
That's awesome! I love the Rockhopper. Be sure to share your Rockhopper build with us.
So to keep my costs down, I'm going to try to actually use and different Hardrock than you. Having some troubles with the rear mounting however.

Build will be here:
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=59230
Old 09-22-2015, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

Unhappy Re: 2010 Specialized HardRock

Got off work early today was excited to go for a ride. Only to find out I have a rear flat. I think its been almost a year to date when I had my last flat.

I don't have anymore spare tubes and I hate patching tubes I just do not trust patches. I don't feel like going to go buy some new tubes so I guess I'll just do laundry and clean the house.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flat 9-22-15 (1).JPG (496.8 KB, 28 views)
Old 09-23-2015, 12:28 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

I put Kevlar liners in mine to try and reduce that risk. Always carry a tire kit with cO2 cartridges. On trips I carry extra tubes and a pump in addition plus extra tools. Glad you didn't get caught out with that problem
Old 09-27-2015, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: 2010 HardRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave31 View Post
Had a small problem with my front disc brake.

I would stop at one stop light with plenty of front brakes, get to the next stop light and no front brakes.

It was not like I lost front brakes little by little, one minute I had them, the next I did not.

What I found was the pad adjuster for some odd reason would back out so far the pad would not even touch the disc. How this would happen from one stop light to another I still do not understand.

I took the caliper completely apart and inspected it. Without finding anything wrong I locktite the adjuster screw and re-assembled.

Been about a week and so far the problem has not come back to haunt me with no front brakes.
Having this problem again, this time with both brakes.

Today when I was riding I lost the rear brake, but still had the front so i thought no big deal. Later on during my ride lost the front brake. It was a bit scary I had to wedge my foot between the rear tire and frame to stop.

When i got home the rear adjuster was just about ready to fall out. The front had also backed out but not as bad as the rear.

So I took them apart and locked tight them again and re-adjusted everything. Have not touched the adjuster since the last time so I guess I need to keep an eye out on them and check them more regularly.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Noticed a leak at the exhaust on my last ride. Went to check the bolts and one was loose. But it would not tighten, looks like the threads are gone.

So I pulled my motor off so it would be easier to tap. Can't find my tap so guess I need to go get another one.

Been a long time since I have any trouble with this bike.

Just as well I pulled the motor off. It's time to go over the entire bike anyways it has been so long since I have checked it over or done any maintenance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stripped exhuast bolt may 25,2016.JPG (440.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 08-15-2016, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Guess it is time for some new rubber. Have a bubble in my tire...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1990.JPG (329.6 KB, 6 views)