Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Pre-Motorized Bicycle Information.

Pre-Motorized Bicycle Information. Before you mount that engine to your bicycle frame, you'll want to know if the bike is ready for the engine! Ask our experts here for advice on what will perform well.

Old 10-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default New member looking for advice on a new build

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and wanted to say whats up. I've built a few 80cc 2smokers before, and I'm ready to start a fresh build that I can daily to work every day (~5 miles). I'll be using this motor: http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/colle...nt=12150250564

The bike I've been looking at is this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/26-Columb...47362875#about
I like this bike because it has a front disc brake and pad in the back (I could never fit the sprocket next to a rear rotor) and it has front suspension. But I'm really worried about fitting the motor in there with that crossbar. I would also really like to have thick tires, a cargo rack, and fenders, but I figured I could add that stuff later because I like this bike a lot.

So I'm really just looking for a second opinion to see if the motor will fit this bike before I buy it. Otherwise I'm open to other options with the features listed above, my budget is $~250. Thanks guys!!
Old 11-01-2016, 12:39 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Default Re: New member looking for advice on a new build

It is upsetting that Walmart would claim that their Columbia bike is the same bike made by Pope manufacturing. The columbias name is owned by an importer and really has nothing to do with Westfield mass. Kinda ****ty. Everything has become Chinese junk. Well you've built a few bikes you know by now what your looking for. I've built kits on worse. It will be a tight fit. Id make a cardboard template of about the sizing of one of your other bikes. Go to Walmart and size it up. Your going to look a bit strange in Walmart doing this so you should fit right in. Lol.. You can always cut the crossbar out worst come to worst.