Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > Mounting Techniques for Bicycle Motors

Mounting Techniques for Bicycle Motors Every frame is different. Share and ask questions about mounting your engine kit to your frame or rack

Old 10-02-2016, 01:27 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Question Will 420 Chain Fit my Sprocket?

I bought a ktm50 clone from thatsdax and the engine sprocket uses 420 chains. Is it possible to use the 420 chain with the china girl kit sprocket? I actually have the Manic Mechanic adapter and 44 tooth sprocket and wanted to use the 420 chain.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:24 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Will 420 Chain Fit my Sprocket?

Go ahead it will work. You might want bigger sprocket the power band in those engines is in high RPM. Are you going to bring it to the races?
Old 10-03-2016, 02:36 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Default Re: Will 420 Chain Fit my Sprocket?

I am still thinking of increasing the Sprocket to 46-48 teeth as I saw Wild-Bills youtube video of his ktm50 and he recommended that. I have never raced and was not planning too but I wouldn't mind giving it a go. I saw a post the next race in Apple Valley is Oct 22nd. I would go but the problem is I'm not sure I would finish mounting my engine by then. Everything is ready I just need a welder to create mounts just like Bill's. I already bought all the parts and the mounts Bill uses but I do not know how to weld I'm searching for someone in the inland empire.