My first motorized bike build

GoldenMotor.com

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
for whatever reason that shade of green always puts a motorized bike over the top. I think it helps everything blend in with itself and it makes it look less like a kit. I dig it.
Please put a front brake on it. Order a double brake lever from amazon. They rarely mention a cool looking motor bike in an obituary.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
just got done with my new build, i have to say i'm satisfied
Satisfaction is always nice.
The lower you set the bar the easier it is to achieve and be happy I guess.

I sure wouldn't be satisfied with just a rear C-brake and long cables blowing free in the wind, but that's just me, I value safety and aesthetics so my 'satisfied bar' is set a bit higher, about $30 and an hour more work for that build would probably do it too.

No slam grathado, the drive mechanics look sound, it's just not safe with 1 brake
NO MOTORIZED BICYCLE IS SAFE WITH ONLY 1 BRAKE!

And well, it just looks sloppy to me is all, but I'm picky that way.
Hopefully you will take that as helpful constructive advice so you never have to find out how it feels to hit something at 30mph on a bicycle.
Hint: You will NOT enjoy it, so it's best avoided in the first place.

Last edited:

grathado

Sep 28, 2015
mississippi
yeah man thanks for the advice ill take any i can get :D i'm a strait up a amateur, now what should i do for another 30 bucks? like another brake

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
yeah man thanks for the advice ill take any i can get :D
i'm a strait up a amateur, now what should i do for another 30 bucks?
like another brake
I'm happy to help.
At least a front C-brake.
Salvaging a used front fork with a V-brake posts (bosses) would be better, but anything is better than nothing.

Front and rear C-brakes have different length attachment bolts, you need the longer front one and you don't need the lever, just the brake and cable.

Do you have a bicycle shop near you?
My local shop will sell me one with the lever swapped for the longer bolt for $12, but it shouldn't cost ya you more than $20.

Then you want to swap your existing brake lever for this dual pull.
http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalo...ducts_id=41&osCsid=cv1lrmmrisrqtrag7n3jltdfo2
$12.

Pretty slick teeter-totter design.

Even with different pull lengths for different kinds of brakes, like a V and a disc brake on that one, it pulls both brakes with 50% force with just one long lever.

And grab some black zip ties to tie those cables to the frame bud, just a little cabling time makes all the difference.

That build actually has 3 brakes, a coaster and 2 C's.

http://motorbicycling.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I like the look, awesome paint! I agree with others that you need a front brake, also, I wondering about those thin tires, be careful on that thing!