whats wrong... pls help...

GoldenMotor.com

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Spark plug problem I got it running without deadswitch couldn't shut it off so pulled spark plug wire now won't start checked for spark there's none is spark plug cdi bad ?
So, ya disconnected the kill switch, got it running, pulled the plug wire to stop it, now it wont start again. did I get all of that right?
FIRST, make sure the wire is still screwed in tight to the CDI box. Then check the plug boot to see if it came apart inside when ya yanked it off the plug. next thing is to check yer coil. but check the easy stuff first. since you were yanking around on the plug wire, I'd look at that first.
fatdaddy.usflg

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
if you have the plug boot from the kit you almost definitely lost the little spring inside of it, the brass cup that holds onto the plug itself (with a wire clip through it) needs a spring behind it inside the boot. take the spring out from underneath the flint in a Bic lighter, cut in in half and put that back in there.
or go buy a boot that is good.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
if you have the plug boot from the kit you almost definitely lost the little spring inside of it, the brass cup that holds onto the plug itself (with a wire clip through it) needs a spring behind it inside the boot. take the spring out from underneath the flint in a Bic lighter, cut in in half and put that back in there.
or go buy a boot that is good.
-

I'm gonna have to try the bic spring trick now. I found out from all the Guru's on this site that the Chinese plug wire is a great wire, It's the boot that sucks. The wire itself is a solid core copper, The best you can get and expensive to buy, I know , I bought some. That shyte aint cheap.
fatdaddy.usflg

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've said this so many times. The kit supplied spark plug boot is the biggest source of problems that new builders have.
I can't understand why the kit suppliers haven't figured this out yet and demanded that the manufacturers stop using that POS.

Throw it in the trash and replace with a good automotive quality boot and a spark plug with the top cap installed. The wire itself is not the problem. It is a metallic core wire, better than what you'll get from an auto parts store and will work just fine. It's the boot that fails, breaks, falls apart and keeps the engine from running.

Too bad the kit suppliers don't listen and demand a better alternative to that plastic piece of garbage.

Tom

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I've said this so many times. The kit supplied spark plug boot is the biggest source of problems that new builders have.
I can't understand why the kit suppliers haven't figured this out yet and demanded that the manufacturers stop using that POS.

Throw it in the trash and replace with a good automotive quality boot and a spark plug with the top cap installed. The wire itself is not the problem. It is a metallic core wire, better than what you'll get from an auto parts store and will work just fine. It's the boot that fails, breaks, falls apart and keeps the engine from running.

Too bad the kit suppliers don't listen and demand a better alternative to that plastic piece of garbage.

Tom
yeah Tom, They know, AND DONT CARE. Nobody is going to NOT order a kit because of the boot. Why should they spend the extra 50 cents to include a good boot if they don't have to.because Yer still gonna order the kit. The Chinese guy shipping these things out don't care about some silly American. It would take a world wide boycott to force them to change even a little thing. SO, Just change the boot yerself and don't give yerself a headache over it. Too many junked cars around to yank a boot off of to sweat the small stuff.
fatdaddy.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Tom
I agree, all theoriginal type boots are junk, they hae upgraded the boots on some of the csi units, I have seen a couple kits with the new boots but most still use the oldjunk ones.

here are a couple examples ofthe newer type.
http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=291447342595&alt=web

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=261384127025&alt=web

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

Tom
They have upgraded to a soft plug boot that accepts the terminal or nipple on the spark plug.
This happened nearly a year? ago.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
They have upgraded to a soft plug boot that accepts the terminal or nipple on the spark plug.
This happened nearly a year? ago.
Who are "They"? Maybe some kits have been "upgraded" but the sad fact is the majority of kits out there still contain that plastic piece of junk. And, people are still buying them and are faced with that continuing problem.

There was an engine kit supplier here several years ago, Chris Hill, who replaced the kit boot with an automotive quality item before he shipped his kits. Unfortunately he was the exception.

Tom

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yep, Ive only seen a couple of the kits that come with the upgraded boot, majority of them still come with the junk boot.

Song-Top and Ladygaga sellers on ebay have kits or had kits that showed to come with the newer type boot and maybe one or two other that shipped from China, but even then the pix they show are rarely whT you get from most of them in my experience.

virtuoso

Dec 21, 2014
dayton,oh
Update: figured it all out! New hp carb and i had no bolts on my back motor mounts... They vibed off... Damn i felt stupid, shes running cherry now...
Thank all