Will a China girl fit?

GoldenMotor.com

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
I got this weird frame with the intention of sticking a China girl in it. Now I'm wondering if I'll have clearence issues

It's 13 inches between the bb shell and the top tube. Whaddya think? i really dig this frame.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
If it fits it's gonna be tight... the biggest problem will be head clearance and carb clearance since these engines are set up to ride about 6" or so from the bottom of the seat post tube...
this frame would be perfect for a souped up cag engine... I know cag engines aren't exactly known for reliability but they're cheap and there are tons of aftermarket parts out there to help make them a little more reliable as well as give them more power... a souped up cag engine can easily produce over 4hp but need low gearing since they do lack bottom end torque.

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
Well dagbernet...I will be disappointed if it doesn't work. I could always put a GEBE engine on it and though I liked the idea at first but it just looks so dorky. And don't get me started on friction drives. I was hoping to make an elegant machine but mow I may have to settle for a sloppy slap on on a 90's mountain bike.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Well dagbernet...I will be disappointed if it doesn't work. I could always put a GEBE engine on it and though I liked the idea at first but it just looks so dorky. And don't get me started on friction drives. I was hoping to make an elegant machine but mow I may have to settle for a sloppy slap on on a 90's mountain bike.
a china girl with the short pancake disc shaped head o it and a shorty aluminum intake will be your best chance of it fitting or possible one of the crooked dog leg looking intakes that will set the carb off to the side of the bike.

The main thing is if itwill mount up so the head will clear top of frame, if it will then the carb issue can be easily remedied with either the short or offset intake.

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
Gas bike sells a kit with that head. A youtube video said it gets too hot. Anyone have experience with that kind of head?

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Ya know, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, I should just use a different frame.
May be a good idea, why make thing harder than it has to be is what I usually say, sometimes a challenge is fun and sometimes a challenge is just a challenge and a big pain in the neck...LOL!

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I would have to agree about finding a bigger frame... even tho that frame looks really cool, it may need some cutting and welding done to it to where it could lose it's cool factor trying to fit a CG engine in there.

What I would do if I had to fit a CG in that frame tho would be to cut out the top tubes and weld in some extra tubing at the seat post and head stock to separate the 2 top tubes far enough for the head to peak thru at the top, this would give the needed head and carb clearance, but you're still gonna have to deal with where to mount a gas tank.
A small cylinderical aluminum tank mounted under the cross bar on a BMX type handlebar set might work and look nice tho...

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
here is another shot of the frame (this isn't my bike, I found the image off the internets) It gives a better perspective of the space