the black Ox build

GoldenMotor.com

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
I am in the process of mounting a 49 cc HS motor in a Genesis Onex bike. Anyone here have experience with that mount? The frame down tube is 1.750 Dia. that is way bigger than the radius in the motor mount. The mounting plate will require redrilling and the piece that fits the frame will interfere with the mounting holes. I would like to have the motor lower in the frame but I don't think it is possible as it is now it may be necessary to move the motor to check the oil. A different air cleaner and exhaust pipe may give me more room. I am trying to grind out the motor mount to fit the frame, very slow going. I have a die grinder and a drill press and lots of hand tools but that is it. If one of you has done this mount I could use some help. Thanx

Tang

Sep 29, 2013
Indianapolis
I know this post is old. I was trying a onyx build but gave up, not to much room in the bike for the 4 stroke, but I was thinking rotating the engine to fit it. Wasn't sure how much rotation could be done without affecting the engine.

brnot

DDbike

May 5, 2014
Johnson City, TN
I am working on the same problem .... I handed it over to a machinist ... whi is having trouble with a suitable weld that will be strong enough to handle the torc of the motor ....

...I did not recognize the clearance issue with the oil stem check ... will get back .....

... I think this build is important for the late generation baby bomber ... who is tall, big and has funds to tinker ...

DDbike

May 5, 2014
Johnson City, TN
just bought a steel frame 29 from Jensen .... don't think my machinist is happy working with aluminum .....

.... think I can clamp on a 2 stroke for the aluminum onex ....

... but to 4 stroke a 29 ... I think steel is probably better