gt timberline rat rod ....

GoldenMotor.com

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
well i decided to tear down my race bike and start over with a new frame designe. i wanted somethung solid sturdy and ridged for speed and conering and a cheapy 99$ walmart beach cruiser was not it

i wanted a sort of hot rod slash old school chopper look and as luck would have it i came across the perfect frame in the trash !!!
i found a pefect condition retro GT Timberline mtb in the trash and snatched it up for the swap .

after a coat of flat black vht paint i could see it was the perfect frame

the build is a gt timberline with cantilever breaks , fat tire rims and 2.5 in arc avantage pro tires on shimanno hubs with a coaster rear break 110 hub . the motor is a dax 70cc with a FULL race port and transfer corrections with a modded piston and a puch head with a long intake and a custom made exhaust. on the old cruiser frame i could get it up to a good 35mph on a 44t rear sprocket but the frame was just no good for those speeds

anyway its late now so i will have some pics up of the progress and a video of the buikd soon !

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
alright having trouble putting pics up with my phone but i took a video and its loading now up to youtube so some time real soon i will have a video up of the build...

got it all buttoned up and took it for a test drive but with that striait pipe on there i need to go even larger than a .78mm main jet, from idle to 1/4 throttle is perfect then it leans way out fron there

uploading vid now......

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
In your vid at one point you were talking about the frame design and mentioned you didn't know what it was called, on GT's they call it a "triple triangle" where the seat stays go from rear axle to a point ahead of the seat tube, usually parallel to the downtube. Classic GT design. Cool bike, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of that trike build too!