Ratty Bobber Build

GoldenMotor.com

4you2eat

Oct 27, 2012
Spring Texas
Put muffler on. It accelerates slower. Runs smoother. Still seems a little boggy. Mebbe an NT carb might do the trick. Still a blast to ride

Last edited:

4you2eat

Oct 27, 2012
Spring Texas
Here ya go. I am mostly finished w/ the Rat Rod. I have a 66cc motor on it now and it runs great. I added a 12v li-ion rechargeable battery pack under the tank and some LED lights front and back. Here it is at he local pub last night. Got more looks than the harleys.

davidstipek

Jan 25, 2013
chiangmai, Thailand
Here ya go. I am mostly finished w/ the Rat Rod. I have a 66cc motor on it now and it runs great. I added a 12v li-ion rechargeable battery pack under the tank and some LED lights front and back. Here it is at he local pub last night. Got more looks than the harleys.

Did you ever get a dual cable brake lever? If not I have an extra.. Also if you get a Honda 4 wire rectifier, you can recharge battery while motor running... Yes It works! Here:
Red wire 12V
Yellow wire Lights
White wire mag @ engine
Black wire/Green wire (which ever you have) Ground

Add diode to prevent battery drain back to Mag. when shut off. Add switch in yellow to turn on/off lights. (Information: Honda Rectifier has both rectifier and Regulator built in so to protect Battery and Lights from Voltage spikes and overcharging, so no worrys...ok?)

After you have done this, you have actually created a moped with it's basic lights wiring. Another thing if you have a 6V system... You can change to 12V DC by using above Rectifier and 12V battery and changing bulbs. Engine creates 12V AC. Mag will keep battery charged with no change! Another thing available is the Halogen Light bulbs that srew into, and are used in Flashlights (or Torches). Keep the glass clean and they will last for years! They will also compensate for voltage flukuations. I also have extras here and can supply part numbers and Manufacturers.

Another item on Bicycle that works are the use of Cell Phone Batteries they are 3.7V. o if you have a 6V system it gives you 7.4V available, Same if you have a 12V system tie 4 together and you will have 14.8V capacity. Very simular to automobile. but now less bulky battery pack to store under tank or seat. Get the highest MA rated you can find!dance1
david.trk

Last edited:

4you2eat

Oct 27, 2012
Spring Texas
The battery pack is like 1" thick x 2.5" wide by 4" It will run for several hours I'd say. I charge it every 2 weeks or so. I'm fine w/ the coaster brake and a caliper on the front. I'm not a speed demon and I drive very defensively so I'm happy w/ that setup on the brakes..

Thanks for the power info. I might look into it for my next build.

4you2eat

Oct 27, 2012
Spring Texas
Easy as pie... I cut the lower chain stays and sat on the bike to stretch out the lower stays. I welded in some forks I cut off a donor bike. i extended the lower stays by about 9" If I remember. I had to relocate the pedal crank to raise up the pedals so they would not hit the ground. prboably could get away with less stretch to keep from moving crank