PHEW!!!! Now What?

GoldenMotor.com

hombremosqa

Apr 6, 2009
salt lake city
After having run my engine on this frame for a few months now, this happened today. I was riding through an intersection and i felt the seat tip forward. I figured that the seat nut had come loose and as I crossed the pedestrian crosswalk, I felt the whole bike stretch. Thank goodness I caught this in time as this could have been disastrous!

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
YIKES!

I have a bunch of different size gussets we use when we build roll cages for our race cars. My next build I am going to start gusseting the whole bike.

Glad you did not take a fall or get injured.

hombremosqa

Apr 6, 2009
salt lake city
I will be checking mine alot more often.Glad you caught it before it was to late.What make of frame is that?
yeah no kidding. its a no name frame. if i cant get it back into place to weld, then im just going to have to find a new frame. this sucks as i had just finished painting the damn thing and got it to where i like the way it looks. anyone have any donations?

hombremosqa

Apr 6, 2009
salt lake city
hey fair racing, you mentioned gussets. have any templates to use to fix mine? i'm already thinking about modifying the frame to allow for a lower ride. (its what i had wanted to do for a long time, but this gives me an excuse now)

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
hey fair racing, you mentioned gussets. have any templates to use to fix mine? i'm already thinking about modifying the frame to allow for a lower ride. (its what i had wanted to do for a long time, but this gives me an excuse now)
No I do not have any templates, You can make them out of 1/8" scrap or buy some in a 25-50 pack at a high performance Racing shop and you can get them in various degrees.

I think the ones I got are 90* @ 1 3/4" x 1 3/4" x 1/8" and 2" x 2" x 1/8", and a few bigger ones. I will see if I can dig them out, they might be at my Dads.

It might be better to buy a sheet of 1/8" and cut your own that way you can cut to fit your frame.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/ProductSummary.aspx?free_text|6/19/2009%201:45:56%20AM=gussets&deptId=0

Circle Track Products from Day Motor Sports ~ GUSSETS & SLUGS

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Fo'sho'! That could have been WORSE than disastrous!

I would find a new frame.

I have several 10 speed type frames, you pay the shipping.

hombremosqa

Apr 6, 2009
salt lake city
Fo'sho'! That could have been WORSE than disastrous!

I would find a new frame.

I have several 10 speed type frames, you pay the shipping.
yeah, i am already thinking what frame to use, since the only bike i have at the moment is a duoval framed mountain bike. i would like to stick with the cruiser frame, but if not, then yeah what do you have? pictures are always appreciated.