Seat

GoldenMotor.com

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
spad4me, that is same seat I am currently use. I also think it is a good buy for the money

@Dan,exactly what kind of engine is that you have on your bike? I like how it looks ..

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
This is a good thread to read on 2 vs 4 strokes. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. If you get a chance come up to CT May 2nd. we are having a small MB get together. Lots of different kinds of MBs to try. Reading up on them is great but with out test ridding, it's just not the same.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
hey 2door, you like that rear holder that simply attaches to the seat post ? I almost got one at walmart the other day but it didnt appear to be too strong.

Commander,
I've carried twelve packs and 40lb bags of ice, dog food and charcoal on that rack, (not at the same time) and it has never shown signs of bending. I have two 1/4" stainless rods running down from the rack to the dropout but they are more for looks than load carrying. I'd recommend it but I wouldn't try carrying a rider on it.
Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Just took first ride with new seat and I have to differ with you Tom. It is very firm with lil padding but sprang well. I wanted the the classic old leather saddle feel and look and it does that well. But with out a doubt, not right for every one.
Dan,
That is a pretty bike! Looks comfy too. I need to talk to you about that motor. I like my little in-frame 2 strokers but I'm always concerned about noise in and around my neighborhood. I know from riding Duane's that the 4 poppers are quieter and I like the cent. clutch. Did you have to widen the crank?
Oh, and as far as the seat...I don't weigh enough to bounce the springs, so it's just my bony butt and 1/4" of foam taking the bumps.
Tom

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Did have to use wide cranks that come with the kits. Uber simple. Really took about 4 mins. I was worried it was going to be a lot more complicated.

The motor, small engine wharehouse has em for $210. Although the HS engines are fine too. I am told they are just about as powerful as the Honda. I couldn't tell the difference. Seemed fine, the few I rode. How is the Titan? Ya never hear a bad word about em. Maybe next build.

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
thx 2door for the input on that rack. I saw it at walmart and just liked the clean look of it but felt it wasnt going to be too strong , not that i carry alot of stuff on my bike. But just in case i needed it ya know

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
thx 2door for the input on that rack. I saw it at walmart and just liked the clean look of it but felt it wasnt going to be too strong , not that i carry alot of stuff on my bike. But just in case i needed it ya know
Commander,
I just remembered something about that rack. It came with a quick release, like used on wheels, but it broke the first time I tried to tighten it. I replaced the whole mechanism with a 5/16 bolt and nut and have had no further problems. It will raise your seat a little over an inch. Forgot to mention that too.
Tom

rmeloy34

Mar 26, 2009
Wallyworld Conn.
I had a sus seatpost for a while,eventually it gave alot of side to side play and the top threads stripped but for a while it was cool....not sure if it was cool enough to justify the cash I put out.
...on saddles;I found an ok one at Wallmart,just a simple cruiser seat with big springs made by Bell
that has served well for quite some time but after about 10 miles you feel it.
Remember those old huffy wanabee bmx bikes from the mid 70s? they had a bananna type seat made to look like a motorcycle,If I could find one in good shape I would be into giving it a shot,they were long with alot of padding.