choke problem..im a noob

GoldenMotor.com

Sidthekidd11

Mar 5, 2009
ny
hello guys im new to the whole motorized bicycle scene but i bought a kit about 2 weeks ago and i got it up and running perfectly. it ran beutiful but for some reason today when i took it out i was riding for about 15 then killed the engine then started it back up and it stared but as i was moving the choke down and wen i got the choke all the way down the engine just shut off. i have no idea about wat could have gone wrong im thinking since im still breakin in the motor i might have pushed it to hard..please give some advice!!!!!!

thanks, Mike

:-||

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
So, are you saying that the engine won't run now? We need some details here if we're going to help you. If it does not run the first thing I'd check is to see if the choke plate is moving when you move the lever. I've had one come loose on the shaft. There is a small nut that can loosen and let the lever move but the choke plate doesn't or only a little. Remove the air cleaner and look down the throat of the carburetor. Move the choke lever and see if the choke plate is covering and uncovering the carb inlet. Get back to us with more information. There are several other things to look for but let's start here based on your post. We're here to help if we can.
Tom

Last edited:

Speedy Wilson

Mar 10, 2009
Ringgold,GA
Check to make sure your intake pipe to carb seal and intake to jug seal is tight and leak free. Also take the bowl off the carb,hold up gently on the float. When you let it down some fuel should run out past the needle valve. Raise and it should stop. If it doesent leak fuel,check your lines for crimps and tank for trash. You are starving for fuel either by an air leak or a fuel delivery issue i would think.