Nitro Mix?

GoldenMotor.com

Speedy Wilson

Mar 10, 2009
Ringgold,GA
Hey,
Has anyone ever used nitro mix for rc planes and cars to run a weedeater? How do i tune the carb? Is it even possible to do it? I just wondered at it b/c a rc car engine is a scale two stroke running on some really hot fuel right? If the lil ones push 2 to 3 horsepower then a weedeater's displacement would yield about 15 or so,maybe more,at least in theory. Any advice or I'm crazys are appreciated. Thanx ppl....fly

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
You will to have a big fuel bill to run on nitro as it ain't cheap as gasoline or alcohol and the carb will need modified to get the proper fuel/air mix right off the top I think it is either 4to 1 somewhere in that range. Nitro and alcohol will also attack the metals and the rubber seals so there is another expense. Nitro fumes are bad for you as well nitric acid is released when burned or compounds that are real close to nitric acid and that stuf will eat you up.but I do love the smell of a nitro burner especally at the NHRA topfuel drags even if it is not good for you I like that smell!
I also like the smell of the model airplane etc. and the smell of alcohol burning go karts which Ihave one and need to sell. I don't think I'll be racing it anytime soon.
Norman