What's the stupidest thing you've done on bike?

GoldenMotor.com

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Although spending 7 hours trying to start my bike before realizing that I had crossed my CDI wires is right up there for me , today may top that.
I was getting right into changing gears today and I think that as I came to a stop sign, my rear de-railer may have been in between gears. Not sure but as I started off, my derailer got jammed and fell apart. After walking half way home I remembered that I had electric and drove home, thus , the reason for this post!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I think grounding "the boys" to the gas tank when I tried to shut off my bike with the kill switch wire is the worst thing I have done.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
First build; Couldn't figure out how the tensioner worked. (I had it backwards) Tried to face clutch arm forward. Didn't check studs or use loctite. At 20 MPH, I was headed south and my motor ended up facing south/west.

I use a mallet to fit the frame to the motor and work boots to adjust the muffler if the peddles won't clear.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
While getting a headache and probably going a bit hypoglycemic I was test riding trying to figure out a noise from the rear wheel that has been a constant problem with my bike. I did a U turn on a residential street without looking first. The driver didn't have to lock up or anything but I am sure I got a well deserved cussing out.

Rayzor

Feb 14, 2009
Bako, Ca
spent 2 days trying to figure out what was wrong with my bike, replace and sealed all the parts i could. turned out to be the fuel valve, so just drilled a hole in it, That in turn flooded the carb and made the bowl leak, so i had to hold the tube above tank level for a couple of miles home becaue i oculdnt shut off the gas laff

...ladies

Jan 27, 2009
Ohio
Hm.. Either when i had to stop the bike by pulling the spark plug off (didn't know of the choke method) and it shocked my hand, hand was numb and bleeding like crazy.. Or when i raced a a sportbike.. above 600cc... lol. It was fun :)