Brett's Bobber Bike

GoldenMotor.com

WWCherokee

Feb 11, 2009
Lakewood Colorado
Thanks everyone.

The gas tank is a “Mini Mustang” gas tank by Paughco. It is 2.2 gallons. The back had to be modified to fit the countour of the bike frame. I'm glad you think it looks good. I was affraid it would be too big.

The little tank under the seat has nothing in it. It is just for looks right now, but I was thinking of making another one that has a tool kit in it. It is made of think wall PVC.

Not sure about the sticker question. Did I put it in the wrong place?

MotorGator

Oct 24, 2008
Gainesville FL
The geometry on the drive chain looks to be just about perfect. Do you have many builds under your belt before this one? Do you like the results on the concealed lines in terms of.....is it working OK with the travel of the handlebars during turning and so forth?

WWCherokee

Feb 11, 2009
Lakewood Colorado
The chain actually touches the tire in this picture and I don't have the idler on there yet. I have to move it. I am also going to dish the sprocket outward to fix the rubbing.

This is my first bike build.

I like the hidden cables. It didn't cause them to become harder to operate. The length was just enough on the throttle and a little more on the clutch. I am worried that the cables may be damaged from rubbing on the metal holes. No problems with turning. I would like to redo the cables with one inch handle bars and motorcycle style conceled thottle and clutch and maybe some forks that hide the cables better. I really like a clean look.

I took it out for my first real ride more than a mile. The rear coaster break failed while I was going down hill toward a speed bump. I stood up on the breaks for more leverage, (I'm 230lbs.) and when they failed the free wheeling stopped working and the peddles almost tossed me off the bike.

Ordered a new hub and clutch actuator upgrade today. Should be running for the nice weather later this week.

JD-StukNchaoS

Dec 29, 2008
santa paula, Calif.
Nicely streamlined and detailed.,.,.,great job. As for info on sticker requirements.,.,.it may vary from state to state but generally are mandated, and that any company producing an engine which creates emissions are operated on city or state highways are required to post on every unit sold the year of production, type of fuel, size 50cc, etc. It also covers information which is required to meet the U.S.E.P.A Regulations. I've seen them posted on the engine (unit), and generally are not posted at any other location. Although not the norm, it's posted and clearly visible,.,..,.peace, Stuk

WWCherokee

Feb 11, 2009
Lakewood Colorado
I'm in colorado. The sticker is a state registration and is to be posted on a visible location on the seat post. It's good for 3 years and cost $5.

The requirements are that it be less that 50cc and capable of less than 30mph on a level surface. They do not look at the bike. There is a form for swearing to the size of the engine. The form says only to fill it out if the bike does not have operable peddles. The guy at the DMV asked me to fill it out and sign it anyway.

FYI He also told me they get about 50 applications a year.

JD-StukNchaoS

Dec 29, 2008
santa paula, Calif.
AH..,,.I gottcha, I'm srry to have babbled for so long.,.,haha. Why registration didn't cross my mind is strange, for the simple fact that i was always at the dmv doing title work for Harry Lester. He owns Harry's Specialty Cars right there in Englewood not too far from where you live. The lot is right on Englewood Blvd. and it usually has muscle cars packed full. I sold cars for him from '97-'00. then came back to Ca. in '01 when my dad fell ill. If you're looking to start another build you may want to hit ol' Harry up. Besides selling specialty cars he also deals in auto pawn, but you know how that goes, he'd loan $$ on anything. His storage may still have some very unique peddlers in it that someone just stopped paying the loan and ended up losing it.. Just a thought.,.,,,.cool talking with ya....,and if you go by Harry's just tell him Rob sent ya.

Last edited:

WWCherokee

Feb 11, 2009
Lakewood Colorado
StukNchaoS,

Actually I think I'm going to just keep working on this one and making it run as good as possible for now. I am looking for a bike to peddle. I miss having a bike to peddle. So I think I will check out what Harry has. Thanks for the heads up.