Starving for Gas

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
The carb doesn't pull fuel. It simply drains into the float chamber.

Try checking the cap for proper venting, and always try a NEW spark plug regardless of how well you may have cleaned it.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
The Fuel Should Drain Out Of The Gas Line In A Nice Full Stream By Gravity. If Taking Tank Cap Off Does`t Help, Then Valve Is Blocked Or Bad. Check With Line Filter Off The Fuel Line And Then On. Good Luck. MAKE SURE TANK VALVE IS NOT CLOSED BY MISTAKE

Outrunner

Dec 27, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
Huffy and Train, Check out your carb float bowl needle, make sure that when
the float drops down in the bowl (low gas in bowl) the float needle is not
sticking or that there is some crud blocking the hole. Also make sure that the
float is installed correctly so that it "floats" in the gas.

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
i just pulled the line directly from the tank and it is not draining as i would think so i am thinking a petcock issue now. i am going to pull the tank off remove the petcock and check for flow i will post results in a little while

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
My stock petcock barely dribbles any gas out at all, but runs flawlessly infact it`s running rich....So you don`t have to have a large fuel delivery for these to run right.... 80cc motor, pipe, CNS carb....

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Stuart, I Think You Are Correct, They Are Gas Sippirs. Gas Should Flow Freely Though, Otherwise Its A Potential Problem For Later. Imho. Ron

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
i just pulled the tank and petcock and it was full of garbage metal flakes and the rubber from the disk in the petcock. it would not flow until i took it apart.. i cleaned it all out and reassembled it. going to reinstall it and hope its fixed if not i will pick up a brass fitting and an inline shutoff i will post some pics in a little while still working on the bike

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
HUFF, THATS ONE PROBLEM SOLVED. YOU MAY HAVE TO CLEAN CARB AGAIN. IT DON`T TAKE MUCH TO MESS THEM UP. HOPEFULLY YOU WILL BE GOOD TO GO SOON. .flg..bld.

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
it turns out after breaking the petcock all the way apart that there was debris in the valve. I cleaned it all out but felt a new petcock would give me a better piece of mind so i went to the lawn mower shop and got a new petcock i am installing it now i will update when i get results

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Teflon Tape Is Some Great Stuff, Like For The Valve To Tank Threads. Do Not Have Extra Tape Hanging Over End Of Fitting, That Could Get In Fuel. The Tape If For Pipe Thread Mostly. If You Have A Leak, Do Not Over Tighten It, Get Some Tape. Just Trying To Be Helpful.. Ron

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
doh! still not fixed now this is getting stupid. I have free flowing fuel from the tank to the carb and i still have the same issue. if i force fuel into the carb it will rev. oh the heck with it i am going to install the stock carb and see if it fixes this.

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
WOW, your not getting enough fuel, and I`m getting too much fuel with a CNS carb. leaned out as much as it can be leaned out without soldering up the jet.....Dammit man....
Paul....

And my petcock just dribbles fuel out of it,real slow....

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
at least thru all of this i know i have a clean tank and a good petcock installed one less thing to worry about. Tomorrow when it gets light out i am going to swap carbs and put the factory carb on. if it fixes the problem i will post results.

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
i installed the stock carb on it tonight with the help of everyone in the chat thanks guys.

The problem is in the CNS carb somewhere. the stock carb lets the motor rev and run WOT no problem.

Back to the drawing board on the CNS i will take some pics of the bowl and the vents and get some opinions on what to try next.

At least i am up and running. Hooray for me!