48v 30 watt continious output vs

GoldenMotor.com

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
A 48v 1000 watt wheel. Think I found a battery but the chart shows its good for up to a 48v 800 watt hub. However Ive seen people using less continuous watts for a 1000w wheel.

Am I good to go?

Dan.

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Li-ion so it's not a lifeo4? Sorry I'm bad with the jargon lol.
I think it's a evolv bike battery. Don't know much about them just been to their Web page.

Dan.

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
I'm just used to seeing the lifepo4 with less cells. I want to save a buck or hundred when I can but darn maybe I should go with ping. One expensive battery hurts the pocket book but I need two of them so double the damage lol.

The guy doesn't know much about the battery or worse he isn't telling me everything. My brain says walk away, my wallet says investigate more.

Dan.

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Could be either I guess. Looks similar to the Calibike battery I just bought which is 48v 15ah Li-Ion.
Ok I just checked out his site. Couple questions. How safe is the technology considering a fellow followed the standard guidelines. How many cycles can you get out of it. Does it cycle like a lifepo4 in that each cycle is considered zero percent battery to full capacity even if you plug it in 4 times during to get 100 capacity. Instead of counting a cycle each time you plug it in wether it's to fill it up after a two mile ride or twenty mile ride. Or at least that's something I read somewhere lol.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
The whole reason I got into the ebike thing was BarelyA.

He used a Magic Pie and a Ping. Ran good and long. So that's what I got. Runs good and long.

His bike plows thru snow and has thousands of miles on it. Pretty good eh?

Do you guys read this stuff here? Members reporting on what works and how it works? Do you cross check on other ebike websites?

If you only want to save a buck, by all means save a buck. I like to run stuff that works. Having zero experiance, I'll trust the guys here. Especially the old guys.

Another old guy I know told me once that it is impossible to spend too much money on a thing because if you spend too much all you have lost is a little money. But if you spend too little you may have lost it all as the thing you bought is not capable of doing what you bought it for. Just toss it inna trash.

Dunno anything about batteries except Magic Pie and Ping. They work. Trust me - :)

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Thanks Mike, well put.

So.......rear wheel with cassette or front wheel lol. Probably going to use either my Specialized rock hopper if I use the rear wheel and maybe a Dyno if I use the front wheel.

Dan.

Helplessoldman

Jan 7, 2012
Peoria, IL
I have 2 electric bikes 1. is a Magic pie 3 1000watt,with a 48v 10amp lifepo4, very reliable and quiet. It does about 27mph for about 25 miles before recharge and I have had it for about a year and still going strong. 2. is a e-cyclone frame mounted motor with gears going to the chain ring 14 speeds. It goes about 32mph for about 30 miles. It has a 48v 20amp lifepo4 battery and can climb any hill, where as the magic pie 3 you have to peddle up the steep hills.I will upload pictures soon. brnot

Attachments

Last edited:

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
I have 2 electric bikes 1. is a Magic pie 3 1000watt,with a 48v 10amp lifepo4, very reliable and quiet. It does about 27mph for about 25 miles before recharge and I have had it for about a year and still going strong. 2. is a e-cyclone frame mounted motor with gears going to the chain ring 14 speeds. It goes about 32mph for about 30 miles. It has a 48v 20amp lifepo4 battery and can climb any hill, where as the magic pie 3 you have to peddle up the steep hills.I will upload pictures soon. brnot
Thank you so much. This is outstanding info!!!!

I went to Cyclones site and then to youtube, many videos on this product. I really would like to order my mid drive kit from Sick Bikes but I have yet to see one video or any reviews on this or other websites.

I don't like the idea of having the heavier 20ah battery but I do love the idea of what that set up is capable of.

Dumb question. They sell 1, 2 and 3 piece chainwheel kits. Which are you running? Also did you notice they sell a 11.5ah 48V Super 6000W kit? Even the 1200 and 1600 watt kits come with small batteries and a 100 amp controller. I didn't think a 12ah battery could supply enough continuous power for those motors.

Dan.

Helplessoldman

Jan 7, 2012
Peoria, IL
As far a the weight of a 20 amp battery is once mounted sturdy it's a non issue. I don't notice any weight problems. It's a 3 pcs Chainwheel kit if your going to shift the bike (I was confused about that also until I got the kit). 1 pcs(gear) is for the motor and the other two are for the changing of front gears so you can change rear gears. Front 2 + back 7 = 14 speeds. Yes, I seen the 6000w motor and I want one. If I could sell mine I would buy that one today.

brnot Here is a close up of my 3 pcs chainwheel and motor. It's a geared motor which is a little bit loud, like I said tho it pulls me up any hill without peddling. If you bought a 2 pcs chainwheel you would only have 7 speeds which is still ok.

Attachments

Last edited:

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Well I might be interested in your mid drive, still a little on the fence which wattage to get. Its the 1680watt version?

Thanks again for all your insight.

Dan.