Great Fall Ride

GoldenMotor.com

gerichardson

Jul 20, 2008
Salisbury, MD
My motorbike has not been ridden a week or so because it has been raining in Maryland. Sunday was a beautiful day and the fall colors are spectacular. I mixed up a pint of fuel and went for a ride.

The temperature was great, the sky was blue and the motor was running fine. I am at about 400 miles on my china "80" engine. Using Motul Scooter Expert at about 32:1. She is running great.

I had to stop and take a picture.

--gerichardson

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Nice build. What type of hose did you use to extend the exhaust pipe?
The canvas "rack bag" on my cargo rack looks creepy so I may mount something
similar to your tool box. Cheers!

gerichardson

Jul 20, 2008
Salisbury, MD
Wheelbender6, thanks.

The exhaust is not a hose. It is some copper pipe. I crudely bent it with a pipe bender and used a couple of copper fittings to get the right angle of attack on the stock muffler. The few joints are sealed with some Permatex copper impregnated silicone.

A lawn mower muffler tops off the end and quiets things down pretty well. I just spray painted the whole thing black.

The idea was just to keep the oily exhaust from my feet and off the rear wheel rim. It doesn't seem to restrict the exhaust any and it is quieter. You can really hear the gear noises now.

The box on the back is a cheep old metal tool box for all the stuff I need if (when) I break down!

I had so much fun building this that I'm going to build another one. (And the ride is a hoot!!!)

Attachments