Getting Ready To Order a MP3

GoldenMotor.com

beach cruiser

Mar 13, 2012
Puget Sound Convergence Zone
Hi Guys,
Filed my tax return & was going over the informative responses you all have given me. Thought I had it all down so I decided to go to the the Golden Motor site to order my MP 3 but when I started checking off boxes there were some boxes I was unsure about . So maybe you guys can help me out again.
I have a 29 inch Onyx Genisis with a coaster brake which I'm converting from a Dax Friction Drive. The following questions I have:

1 - There are 2 boxes relating to USB's, namely - USB MP3 & USB external.
What is the diffrence between the two? Which one is best suited for my bike?

2- There are 4 boxes relating to Disc brakes: 140 mm disc, 140 mm disc actuator, 160 mm disc & 160 mm disc actuator. What is the difference between the disc actuator and just the disc brake? What is the best disc
brake set-up? Since I have a coaster brake will the disc brake negate the coaster brake or will I be okay?

Thanks in Advance!

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Not sure on brakes. Need mounting holes for disk brakes and most cruisers dont have them. I use regular pad brakes on my cruiser. However you need mounting holes for them also. . The motor has regenertive braking and assist in breaking. You want mp3 USB. the external is for an external controller

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
rack one good is a good solid mount/..... rack two to goes on seatpost which is only needed when you have a full suspension bike without rack mounts. i would get rack one.
you will love your mp3. they are a blast
paul

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
just a little advice buddy,if your going with a rear wheel kit do yourself a favor and put it on a bike that has gears and not a coaster brake.If your going with a front wheel kit order a torque arm from ampted bikes.Your welcome!(disc activator is most likely the calliper)

Last edited: