New exhaust from conduit.

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Looks good. Did you know that EMT will buff up to a nice shine with a little work on a bench buffer and some compound? It will look like chrome but won't hold the shine forever. You'll need to keep after it with some metal polish but after it's buffed it will shine up again with little effort.
How does you exhaust sound with the extended pipe? It certainly looks good.

Tom

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I've used conduit on 2 of my Preddy builds. It polishes up real easy by hand with just some relativly fine steel wool.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Looks good. Did you know that EMT will buff up to a nice shine with a little work on a bench buffer and some compound? It will look like chrome but won't hold the shine forever. You'll need to keep after it with some metal polish but after it's buffed it will shine up again with little effort.
How does you exhaust sound with the extended pipe? It certainly looks good.

Tom
Well, the pipe innards are still stock, so It's quieter, but sounds much more like a motorcycle than a lawn blower now. I plan to gut the pipe which will make it much freer flowing and improve the sound as well. The last one I did sounded great!

RPM

Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
Hi Maniac57, I like it. I've been thinking about something like what you did.

Say what model # is your welder that you bought from Harbor Freight. I've been looking at them on their site but not sure what to get. Something like what have that will weld conduit and similar stuffs would be great.

RPM

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Hi Maniac57, I like it. I've been thinking about something like what you did.

Say what model # is your welder that you bought from Harbor Freight. I've been looking at them on their site but not sure what to get. Something like what have that will weld conduit and similar stuffs would be great.

RPM
No idea the model. It's the cheapest stick welder they sell. I paid $102 with tax and it works good. Be sure to get a helmet too, the hand-held shield is the pits. Can't tack because you need both hands!

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
Looks good Maniac. I like a full length pipe on a 2 stroker because it channels the oil spray/residue away from the bike and your shoes!!!! Did you use thick walled conduit? I purchased a conduit bender to contour the pipe without kinking it. Works great.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
What size conduit did you use to make your exhaust out of? Is there anything special that should be taken into account when making an exhaust?

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
What size conduit did you use to make your exhaust out of? Is there anything special that should be taken into account when making an exhaust?
It's about an inch or so, but even the smaller stuff works, it just sounds a little tinnier. The bigger stuff bends easier too. As far as things to watch for, pinholes in the welds make a greasy mess....and support it well or vibration will cause breakage. I found some table legs today that look like they will be great for a two-stroke expansion chamber pipe...pics to follow!