i need a solid answer please help

GoldenMotor.com

ChuckSalerno

Sep 10, 2012
chicago
i give up. i have a motor with a 5/8th shaft. i am very mechanically handy and i always do too much research on every subject.
i want a centrifugal clutch with a regular rear sprocket but all the store i come by dont say the chain size so i dont know if the clutch will mate with the sprocket.
what is a system/configuration that works. i do not want anything complicated please and something on the torquey side cuz i weight 220lbs

shwnrttr

Dec 2, 2009
titusville, florida
you wont be able to run from the clutch directly to a sprocket on the rear wheel. you will need a jackshaft setup to get a proper gear ratio. you need something like this 3dda7dd5.jpg .

with out the jackshaft you would have to use a sprocket almost the size of the rim itself.
the centrifigal clutches use either #35 or #41 chain size

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI,

Maybe w/ more info others can chine in with help....What engine are you running?...Do you know what size chain the clutch is supposed to use?

Andrew

ChuckSalerno

Sep 10, 2012
chicago
its a 2.5 horse no name, chinese clone, 4 stroke with the governor removed and a few hop ups. i plan on peddling to get me moving. its also a pull start. i just need a clutch and rear gear combo that mate up well together because i cant seem to find a sprocket and clutch that take the same chain. i dont know what chain size the back sprocket is