Winter Build-off

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

OSCAR383

Jul 22, 2008
WEST FRANKFORT, IL
I Was Thinking Anyone Want To Do A Build Off This Winter . I Heard Where Supposed To Have A Cold One This Year And Would Have A Lot Of Time To Tinker In The Garage .

Would Anyone Be Interested In A Bike Build-off I Know I Am .

Maybe Two Classes Diy And Engine Kits?!?

Just Really Want To Know How Many Are Interested.

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
I have a pretty ambitious build in mind, so am in also. I have been fascinated with some of the pro builds going on like EZRider's suspension bike with a Morini engine and now the frame is available too. I may not spring for that nice an engine when I have a nice Subaru EHO35 to work with and parts from a SBP shift kit to make it work smarter. Then I also have a China Girl 80 to work with and some mods to go along with an expansion chamber exhaust. I would like to mount either behind the seat tube and lengthen the stays along with a bit of suspension. Just thinking and planning out loud.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
count me out guys... I built my competition bike last year lol. Now I am not building any new bikes. (I bet you can hear my wife laughing)

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I can't join in the contest. Winter in S. Texas is 2 days when it drops to a bone chilling 55 degrees. rotfl The only contact I have with cold is diggin' for the last frozen burrito in the fridge.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I'm with Saddle Tramp, someone had to tell me it was winter last year. I could join in if you would let me take some paste wax and dab it on the windows to make it look like winter, then after I get the burrito out of the fridge I could leave it open. LOL I think it is a good Idea, count me in. Have fun, Dave

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Egor is right! the only thing I know about "coats" is one is base and One is clear! Hey I just solved one of lifes mysterys! Santa leaves those skid mark/ sled tracks on my roof.
And all this time I thought it was the neighbors brat kid getting his BMX bike up there somehow. rotfl

smokindawg

Sep 27, 2008
Well, I've never built a bike before but have some thoughts about one bouncing round in my head and a pile of parts, hopefully with some more coming. I also have just started using my welder that I've had in storage for 2 years. And I have a brand new China Girl in the box just waiting to bark to life, so count me in................... What rules do you play by here?:ride2:

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Uh, I'm drawin' a blank......rotfl Just goofin', "new bike goofin'".rotfl I got some Ideas.:crash: I'm in. What's the rules and lets not race cause I gotta long col' winter comin' too.

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
count me in...might be a cold one in reno....ive got a 80cc, gary fisher triple butted aluminum frame...wheels and everything ready to go...ill stay in touch...

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
I'm working slowly on my winter ride. Titan powered trike front wheel drive if I can swing it.
It's gonna be sick,man and will be my main ride this winter because three wheels is more stable!
And it's a worksman trike with heavy duty EVERYTHING.

OSCAR383

Jul 22, 2008
WEST FRANKFORT, IL
looks like a lot of interest in a build off maybe we can start two/three threads (if needed) one for diy one for engine kits and one for electric if anyione is plannin on doing so. or lump'em all in one. and have the members of the site vote for a winner. doesnt have to be a prize just the joy of one more motobike in the arsenal . how long should the time limit be 1 month 2 month know what everyone wants to do.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I'am in got two projects coming one is custum full suspension, with a jack shaft Nu Vinchi Hub, and centrifical force clutch .It will be done with a china

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
I"m in on this I've got ideas knockin' around in my noggin' for a DIY build.... Sicne' I'm going to be stuck inside all winter might as well do something that will make the coming summer more fun. Thought the temptation to ride on a clear warm day in the winter will be hard to resist.

streetstrip80

Oct 12, 2008
Littleton, CO
I was just looking at my pile of thrift store parts bikes yesterday, and I think I may be able to come up with an old motorcycle looking contraption (Boardtracker term is overused lately) in the next few months.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Okay here's mine:
http://motorbicycling.com/f15/lfs-trike-powered-titan-front-wheel-4046.html

It's ridable now but not exactly finished. I need a better touch up on black paint,my tires need a changing,maybe go with NoMoreFlat tires and I'm contemplating taking my 36 tooth sprocket currently on my crank and replace my 40 tooth on my front tire with that.
Also I need to change my pedal gearing from the current 36/20 to a 44/18 or 44/16 so I can better help my engine along to get up to speed.
I may also get taller ape hangers down the road too. Spooky looks to have a nice 26 inch tall set.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.