Missoula, MT
I'm finally going to motorize my green Kulana Moon Dog I've owned since 2005,

thinking of the 4-stroke super titan??? Anyone experienced with this build/bike

combo & mounting procedures? Please share, especially any mount fabs that

MUST be done. Thank you!

houseofreggae

May 22, 2012
Missoula, MT
yes, that's the one except it's green. I spoke with dax, turns out it'll fit with

some mods to the mounting plate and pedal crank bending. That's just a little

bit out of my comfort zone mechanically, installation wise. I've opted for the

hassle free f80 2 stroker, dax say's it'll fit like a dream. (^)

Here's some pix of my (soon to be motorized) moon dog.

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I really enjoyed my green Moon Dawg. Just a cool looking bike. Front fender failed and we both got messed up. There are a few shots of it in the vid in my signature.

They look even cooler with a lay back seat post.

houseofreggae

May 22, 2012
Missoula, MT
I really enjoyed my green Moon Dawg. Just a cool looking bike. Front fender failed and we both got messed up. There are a few shots of it in the vid in my signature.

They look even cooler with a lay back seat post.
Right on man, still waiting on my seatpost, but I've got everything else squared away (except for maybe removing front fender). What happened with yours, bolt wiggle loose? probably a good idea taking it off anyhow. Got mine running today and got a short ride in when I had abreak in the rain, it feels really good. Now to find a good thread on break in procedures...

houseofreggae

May 22, 2012
Missoula, MT
ya, that is with a few links off. if i took off any more, i'd have to run it without the tensioner...hmmmm, might not be a bad idea! i keep worrying the thing is gonna go crashing into my spokes.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Right on man, still waiting on my seatpost, but I've got everything else squared away (except for maybe removing front fender). What happened with yours, bolt wiggle loose? probably a good idea taking it off anyhow. Got mine running today and got a short ride in when I had abreak in the rain, it feels really good. Now to find a good thread on break in procedures...
It had a hefty looking riveted L bracket and I foolishly thought it was secure. Was around my 3rd build and I just didn't know any better.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=10191

I ran mine with out a tensioner but had "stretched" out the chain first on another build.

Man, your making me miss that bike! Has a real short wheel base and rode so solid. An' just a cool looking MB with a China girl on em.

houseofreggae

May 22, 2012
Missoula, MT
Ok, so I took out another couple links to try running the chain without tension wheel, flipped the pie plate around and went for a ride...man that chain was jumpin around more than friday night barn dance! Actually pulled my motor to the left a little too...maybe it was twisted? Anyway I tightened the motor mounts some more and flipped the little wheel to the other side of the tension assembly, wrapped some rubber around chainstay, & u-bolted that thing down rock solid. Took it out for a ride and the chain is riding pretty smooth now. When I got back though I noticed the spark plug cover was loose so I pulled it off and out popped the spring and little clamp thing that secure onto the spark plug tip. Couldn't get it back together again, so I put the little metal cap back on the spark plug, and popped the wire cover back over that and it fits nice and snug. Then took Dan's advice and removed front fender, man I wouldn't want that thing coming off at 30mph!.bf.

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
When I opened this it looked like you had gotten a wound that left a hole in your hand!

Lol, asacred me.

She is looking great!