The DAX GP50cc 9hp Morini clone engine

GoldenMotor.com

FarRider

Jun 8, 2011
Brooklyn N.Y.
Has any one even seen one of these engines yet?
http://thatsdax.com
It looks interesting.
They wont show the exhaust port, but it seems like it may be angled to the left, addressing one of the real Morini engines design problems when mounted into a regular modern diamond mountain bike frame.
Have the Chinese built a better mouse trap?
Hit me back with any thoughts on the matter.
Now, if some one would build a reliable 50 to 100 cc upright 4 stroke suitable for frame mounting that DOESN'T look like it came from a garden tool we'll be in business.
FR

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
I think Dax has already began to talk about the motor on a thread somewhere.
He already has a video of one mounted on a bike running, he just needs to finish exaust and drive... But man does that motor sound great (^)

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
no the exhaust is streight foward and centered on the front mounts.also has no o-ring groove to seal the exhaust. the engine is a china replacement for ktm, lem and other 50cc mini mx bikes. their are a few places to get them but i dont want to take any buisness from dax! but the other sites offer all the replacement parts and cases, electronics ect. they are nice. i got one for under 400 on ebay!! just have to know what to look for......
they are a clone of the S6 engines but the drive sprocket has diffrent splines, electronics are diff, intake wont swap over ect. they are a S6 clone but diffrent enuff to not get introuble. these have been around for a while so they last ok....

Last edited: