Wrong Way Solex

GoldenMotor.com

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Didn't like the motor on the front, way too heavy and wobbly.

Was just going to sell it and go with a dax friction drive.

That got me to thinking...

Yeah, I like it. Still got lots of work to do, but it looks good and much more stable.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Thanks.

I really did have it on the front.

No welding, but lots of drilling. The axle brackets are 1.25 x .125 steel. The support struts (which aren't there yet) are 1" x 1/8" aluminum.

Yup, motorbike 3 is in process - :)

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
All done!

This is a cool ride. It will cruise at walk speed. Got my bracing all done, cleaned out the gas tank and it fired right up. I was kinda surprised as I thought it would take longer to fill up the gas lines. Nope started firing right out of the driveway.

Really quiet. This is a great neighborhood cruiser as the sound is not going to upset anyone. Not fast, I think it will only hit 20 downhill.

Had my doubts about this thing, it is China stuff, but it fired right up and runs good. I am pleasantly surprised - :)

I have to get one of those bent cable tubes for the compression release, that will clean up the cables and then I think I'll saw off that tilt handle for a cleaner look.

Yeah, looks - I got lots of those as people wondered "What is that thing"

cvlt1

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
All Cleaned Up

Added lights and a basket. Redid the cables so they don't loop over the motor. Sawed off the tilt handle. New rear wheel with 12g spokes.

Slow Ride Baby!

:)