Monark Build 4 stroke shift kit custom tank

GoldenMotor.com

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Well I'm putting together the pieces for my latest Monark 4 stroke shift build.My other 4 stroke shift kit ran great. But it did not make it through the long Michigan winter!I pulled the engine and shift kit for this build.Well here are a few pictures...

Attachments

Reactions: Nightster

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Well I'm putting together the pieces for my latest Monark 4 stroke shift build.My other 4 stroke shift kit ran great. But it did not make it through the long Michigan winter!I pulled the engine and shift kit for this build.Well here are a few pictures...
Hey, the new frame and tank look great!

What happened to your old bike?
What broke down? It was the jaguar frame right?

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Thanx ! When I say it didn't make it through the winter,it was not really weather related,It was me. I got sick of looking at it all winter,so I stripped it down and started to gather parts for a new build.The jaguar frame is stil holding up I just wanted a different bike I guess.Stay tuned!!!

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Little up date to my project.Here are the wheels which are 12g spokes with drum brakes on front and rear,Rear is a 5 spd freewheel for the shift kit.The forks is a old stock Columbia springer.More to come!

Attachments

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Bairdco,Yes I do like the Kiniptions.Where on your frame did you find your serial numbes.Silverbear,I must say alot of thought did go into the tank. But I did not to the welding or metal work.I tore apart great bike to build this vintage cruiser with a inframe tank and drum brakes.Man I sure hope it all comes together............

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
I was refering to the filler neck and cap. Man that bike looks great!
Thats funny.. I thought you ment filler like bondo.The cap and chain is from a Boy Scout canteen and the neck is a pipe that was threaded to accept the cap.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Well Its about done and I'm very happy with the bike.I was going to get rid of my Columbia springer because it was hitting my tank and turning was an issue.I just moved the mounts back alittle an it gave me the clearance I needed.Good thing cuz this springer Rocks!! By far the the best I've owned.It is a up and down motion.Not a front to back like the Scwhinn springer.This is a 5 speed freewheel which is perfect for the shift kit IMO because I Do not have to skip gears like I did on my 7 speed.The steel frame is a great ride and It will take alittle getting use to the drum brakes.Still have to instal my lights just not sure if I want to put a rack on it or go with a under the seat cylinder shaped bag.
Pictures are a few posts down

Last edited: