Building a DIY Cushman Style Scooter

GoldenMotor.com

gstrope

Feb 19, 2009
texas
I didn't like the way the weed trimmer motor worked. Not dependable. I decided to replace the rearend with a small occ chopper bike I had around and use an 80cc RAM motor. I am working on the mount. By using a higher mount I am able to skip the idler. Here is what it looks like so far. I bought a pull start and I will also be able to bump start it on some nearby hills.

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The China motor sure looks better.
About the weed motor-can you give us some background on how to affix the cent clutch to it and where you got it? There are a lot of questions in the DIY forum about mating clutches and pulleys to weed eater engines.
A separate post about the weed motor may work better.

gstrope

Feb 19, 2009
texas
I finished mounting the motor and decided to test it out without the scooter body. I threw together a test seat and lashed the tank to it. The muffler doesn't fit yet so I ran without it. It ran very good. It bump starts easily and has a lot of zip and woke up all the neighbors. The top speed seems about right for zipping around the neighborhood. This was so much fun in this configuration I think I will take a 20'' bicycle and modify it into a pit bike configuration after I finish the scooter.

Attachments