Oregon Built DIY Choppers And BMX

GoldenMotor.com

Nohandle

May 13, 2010
Central Oregon
I just recently got a private message concerning how i deal with oregon law. Its real hard to register mopeds and custom motorcycles without good epa info as i understand it. So i moved on. In oregon any two or three wheel vehicles with a saddle or platform to stand on, with a 35cc or smaller engine, and with a top speed of less than 24 miles per hour on level ground. That classifies it as a stand up scooter which is excempt from registration insurance title and license requirements. if over 16 you only need a helmet, Pedals mean nothing hear, wheather you have them or not.

However, I have never been pulled over on a chinagirl here in bend oregon. I built 2 of them. Nor have i talked to a police officer over my bikes. I read the law. ( out of the state code, not an interpretation). 2 motorcycle cops have seen me and no issues.

I build all my bikes under the asumption that not paying insurance, title, or registration is worth the sub 35cc motors. And sometimes i ride my 66cc asuming i can explain it well enough.

:p.S. I seem to be unable to post quality pictures, i'm new to this site so i'm going to start a photobucket and update with links.

Here's link to some pictures of the bikes i built. http://s603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/nohandl/

Last edited by a moderator:

Nohandle

May 13, 2010
Central Oregon
Thanks for the help BA. I'm new to posting although i have been lurking here over 2 years. (sneaky sneaky). Also thanks for the support i love to hear people like my bikes. I realize they are not technically still bicycles. But ultra high milage bicycle based gas powered toys has always been the spirit for me. That aren't those suicidal standing scooters.