Titan 50,000 Miles!!

GoldenMotor.com

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Konnen has over 50,000 miles now on his Titan. IT has taken him over 3 years of constant riding to do this. Here is his post.
connanhunsy
Motorized Bicycle Newbie Join Date: Jun 2010

Re duane is a garate man, read & find out why I know this, he is way cool.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, I haven't driven 55k in the past 5 years in any vehicle I own combined. You must ride all day long! quote

I ride my bike every where, long rides though the contery rodes, to the coast, to go camping, yard sales on weekends around 6 hours each day & it gets me every where, I love riding my bike.
I am angchess & exsighted about geting the new motor from duane.
"I will be back up & runing

I am sure Konnan can provide great tips for anyone with a TITAN 4 stroke and how to get the most out of your Titan. Thanks Konnan !!

Titan.. Because you want to get there !!! THATSDAX.com... Engineering that just makes Sense !!

Enjoy the ride !!!

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
That's awesome!!! Gives me hope for my trip to Patagonia, Argentina!!! That's only about 10,000 miles. I'm quite confident the Titan will last me all the way there and back now. Can't wait to have one on my bike. Thanks Dax!

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Yes.. Titan is Tops for sure.. Over the past year. I have had 3 warranty returns. All 3 appear to be problems with over speeding of the Titan 4 stroke engine. This I know for sure was over speeding for 2 of the 3 anyway. 1 was questionable.. One could have been over speeding. But 2 of them was a positive over speed issue since the Titan was returned for the reason of it quit running. Upon examination, these 2 were found with no compression. Since the engine would pull with the rope and spin over well with little or no compression, I immediatly went for the removal of the valve cover and on both of these 2 Titans with no compression, I found the valve push rod on the intake side of both engines had dropped. The only way to float a valve and allow the push rod to drop is by over speeding the motor. That is the only way!! And I mean, really over speeding the motor. Way over speeding the motor !! On one motor, the push rod was caught under the rocker and was mushroomed and had to be replaced. The other motor, the push rod only had to be placed back under the rocker , gap checked, and varoom !! Started right up. The other motor, I replaced the push rod with a new one, made proper gap.. And .. Varoom !! Started right up.. On the 3rd Titan, the con rod end cap was broken. Over speeding can also do this as too high an rpm for a long period of time can cause low oiling at this connection and will heat up the rod end cap and it will then let go. It can also cause it to get so hot, that repeatly high rpm and heat ups like this can cause the end cap bolts to work themselves lose and also break the rod. So.. What I am trying to say is this. The Titan is a solid motor for sure. But over speeding the motor will break them. Over speeding any motor can be catastrophic. As a rule, never go full throttle down any hill no matter how small the hill... Going full throttle on the flats with a tail wind can also over speed the motor and cause damage. In other words, be nice to your motor. Once you find your top speed on level ground, then back off 5-10 mph.. That should be your all day cruise.. Save your top speed for when you are being chased by a bear or something.. Be nice to your engine. Take care of it, so it can take care of you. Enjoy the ride..

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Just order today can't wait to put that puppy in. Believe me I know about people who like to over rev engines, I seen many an OHV pop on everything from a Briggs to a Loncin, all the same, there is just not enough meat around the cylinder to sustain that kind of torture. I plan on keeping mine for a long time, and will take extra care of it, while traveling. Do you have any advise about running it 5 to 6 hours straight every day, 5 to 6 days a week?

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
Hi Duane, I was going to call you but some here might be interested in this too. First, I love the new Titan 50 on a BMP unit. Nearly 200 miles now. Night and day compared to the HT type bikes I built & rode last year. OK, for the ?'s. Is there any dif, aside from the ferrous liner, between the Titan and any other HS? Please be candid. Also, I notice your F/D unit has a twist grip throttle. How long is your throttle cable? I'm going to need a new F/D outfit soon 'cause my son-in-law to be is going to get my current one for his birthday next month! I don't want to be W/O. I prefer the F/D to my Felt/HS-G4. The noise and heat are behind you and you don't feel like you're stradling a mule all the time. Thanks!

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Hi.. Sorry for delay.. Been out of town with the family. As for long jaunts. There should be no problem since the Titan is an IC motor designed to run at 3600 rpm all day and all night. Also.. I have longer throttle cables if needed. The kit come with a 60 incher. But I also have 75 and 114 inchers as well. As for the liner. I have seen the HS motors come both ways. Chrome Lined or Steel. Some Prefer the Chrome, I prefer the steel.. Also.. I have to agree.. Having the setup behind you is nice because of the quietness. The Titan is so quiet to begin with, and then putting it behind you makes it super quiet. You better get a bicycle bell to ring in order to let others know you are coming. They will not hear you coming !! Also.. Having it mounted with the friction drive, the connection is so solid, and the response so good. It is un real. Also.. For some reason unknown to me, the extra smoothness. The lack of vibration in unreal. It is so smooth and so fast.. It is just unreal !! Enjoy the ride...

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Didn't you use to sell used cars? Just curious....j/k ..lol laff

On a serious note, thanks for pointing out the severity of over-revving and over speeding these little under 50cc 4-strokes...cheers!

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
No mike.. Never have sold cars. Not for an occupation anyway. Anything that requires licensening, I try to stay away from business wise anyway. But.. I know you are kidding. But.. You have taken note of my enthusiasm. If something is so good that I believe in it, I can sell it. That is just the way I am. And.. I am hard to convince for sure. If we sell it, then.. It is proven good. And, We back it with a warranty just in case. Being that we have been in Business for over 26 years now, you can bet we wil be around ... Enjoy the ride...

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
No mike.. Never have sold cars. Not for an occupation anyway. Anything that requires licensening, I try to stay away from business wise anyway. But.. I know you are kidding. But.. You have taken note of my enthusiasm. If something is so good that I believe in it, I can sell it. That is just the way I am. And.. I am hard to convince for sure. If we sell it, then.. It is proven good. And, We back it with a warranty just in case. Being that we have been in Business for over 26 years now, you can bet we wil be around ... Enjoy the ride...
Yup! You sound just like me...

Me, enjoying the ride.wee.dnut......You, enjoying the ride dnut.wee.

Let's ride brnot Cheers!

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Hey Darren.. Pm me or call me for your tracking info. Your kit should haev shipped out by now. Also. I have a newer better version of the Friction Drive coming. Should be here in the next 2-3 weeks or so. It is designed to fit both regular bikes as well as the stretched bikes. Also it will come with 2 rollers. 1.25 Free Wheeling roller, and the 1 inch non free Wheeling roller. I am still working on a 1 inch free wheeling roller. Also. I will have the main Bracket made in USA from Alloy. This will save over 30 percent in weight for the bracket. The over all setup is not that heavy anyway.. But.. For those that like to save weight every where they can for high performance.. Well.. It is coming soon !! ThatsDax !! Engineering that Just Makes Sense !! Enjoy the ride...