no muffler sbp expanssion chamber

GoldenMotor.com

metalliatic

Mar 14, 2010
Louisville Ky
do you think it would give you more power if you cut the muffler part off the expansion chamber on a sbp exhaust? i had a stock cat. muffer on my bike and it broke off at the top of the muffler, i gained a ton of power with just a 3 inch strait pipe. it was very loud but lots of power. do you think i could gain power by cutting off the muffler on my sbp exaust? i dont care about how extreamly loud it will be.

metalliatic

Mar 14, 2010
Louisville Ky
with out commenting on the noise factor do you think that more power could be made. i dont want to cut the muffler off if someone has already tried it and it dont work. the loss of back pressure could be a problem.

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
Some say that modifying mufflers may or may not increase power. When it is louder from the mod it might seem faster because it is louder but may not be any faster. It can be a mind trick. Sure it might help cutting off the part of the muffler but I am guessing it would be minimal. Remember these engines aren't necessarily made to be modified too much. It is a trade off, the more you modify the less reliable. I do agree there are some mods that are great that make them more reliable but be careful what and how much you do to these little engines.

At least that is my two cents.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
do you think it would give you more power if you cut the muffler part off the expansion chamber on a sbp exhaust? i had a stock cat. muffer on my bike and it broke off at the top of the muffler, i gained a ton of power with just a 3 inch strait pipe. it was very loud but lots of power. do you think i could gain power by cutting off the muffler on my sbp exaust? i dont care about how extreamly loud it will be.
No - unlike the "blackcat" muffler the SBP system has a glasspack silencer, there's no baffles at all - it's an unristricted, straight shot through (perforated metal tube w/fiberglass batting wrapped around it).

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
say someone did want it louder, on scale of 1 to 10 how much louder would it be if you took the silencer out? and how would you take it out. and if u do can you put it back in?