Worksman Boardtracker

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
My first attempt at a Worksman Boardtracker. Worksman frame and wheels, Monarch fork. Still a long way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nightster

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Looks like you are going to be riding in style and class! Nice job especially on the tank.

Last edited:

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
Lookin' sweet Bro! I'll drop by one night next week to see it in person.

I was always a fan of the Monarch style springer forks and they look like they were designed specifically for this application. Paired with your new tank design, and big burly worksman rims, this looks like an instant classic! The silver rims work well with the exposed metal on the forks -it gives a nce accent.

When will we see the tool box?

Rich

ps don't tell anyone about that secret 8HP engine thats on the drawing board, gotta make sure you have some suprises hidden for later...

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
I had the Worksman outside today so I took some better pictures. First paper mock-up of the oil tank/tool box. Also built up a nicely ported custom intake manifold.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Here is a better shot of the manifold before I hit it with the scotch brite pad. Ported stock aluminum on the left, custom one on the right. I made a CAD drawing of the old flange perimeter and then carefully measured and drew up the cylinder port. Laser cut a bunch of stainless flanges. I built a small die to press the round tube to the rectangle shape of the cylinder port so the flow path smoothly contours into the cylinder. Tig welded together. These manifolds really open up the two strokes. Seems to make the engine run smoother, also.

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Pat,

It looks great! I love it with the tank and springer front. How did everything fit with the springer? Did you need to tweak it at all?

Also, is it me or is the front wheel on backwards? Shouldn't the brake arm be on the other side?

Really a great looking bike. Are you thinking of selling those intakes?

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Hi Motorbike Wannabe,
I put the wheel on the way it fits best. This configuration gives the best path for the brake cable and lines up the stationary torque arm on the drum with the front strut. I plan to weld a tab to the fork blade to hold the arm in place. I do plan to start selling the manifolds. I have built 6 or 8 manifolds now and am getting the fab process figured out. So far everyone seems to feel the difference in performance and anythings better than the stock junk. Well, almost anything. This is the Typhoon model intake and the Sidewinder version is still in R&D. Email me if you want a manifold.

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Did you have to use reducers on the head tube? My Worksman has a 1 1/8 head tube and I was just wondering how you mounted the forks? Are they making the head tubes 1' now?

Last edited:

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Thumbs up on the entire project of course, but I can really appreciate that manifold. Very nice craftsmanship. I made my own offset but it was no where near this elegant.

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Hi Motorbike Wannabe,
I put the wheel on the way it fits best. This configuration gives the best path for the brake cable and lines up the stationary torque arm on the drum with the front strut. I plan to weld a tab to the fork blade to hold the arm in place. I do plan to start selling the manifolds. I have built 6 or 8 manifolds now and am getting the fab process figured out. So far everyone seems to feel the difference in performance and anythings better than the stock junk. Well, almost anything. This is the Typhoon model intake and the Sidewinder version is still in R&D. Email me if you want a manifold.
Looks good pat! My main concern was that the brake would still work as efficiently as the other way. Not ever having one of these apart, I don't know if the engineering is direction specific or not. Since you're not running a vintage speedometer, it really wouldn't matter which way the hub goes on (if you put a speedo gear on the bottom now, it would run backwards, right?) Looks great and someday, I'd love to do a worksman or a Husky, and one of your tanks.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Did you have to use reducers on the head tube? My Worksman has a 1 1/8 head tube and I was just wondering how you mounted the forks? Are they making the head tubes 1' now?
Forks are just quickly mounted with cups that are too small. 1 1/8" huh? I need to call Worksman today and will see how they mount their springer forks and then get a headset from them. Details, details.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
The oil tank looks awesome! Will this design work on the Panther frames as well?
Panther oil tank will need to be adjusted for the Panther frame. Same basic design just need to tweek the CAD file to fit. I need to get the Worksman design done first then will jump right on the Panther oil tank. Don't worry, soon enough. I need one, too!

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Looks good pat! My main concern was that the brake would still work as efficiently as the other way. Not ever having one of these apart, I don't know if the engineering is direction specific or not. Since you're not running a vintage speedometer, it really wouldn't matter which way the hub goes on (if you put a speedo gear on the bottom now, it would run backwards, right?) Looks great and someday, I'd love to do a worksman or a Husky, and one of your tanks.
I have said before that if there is sufficient interest I could do a Husky tank as well. Husky frames are like $80 and the Worksman frame is $170. I need to see an engine fit into the Husky to see if even works. I can tell you that the Worksman frame is tight. Same basic Schwinn cruiser geometry but the bottom bracket is pulled up about 2 1/2".