Flex Pipe Exhaust

GoldenMotor.com

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Looks like they sell the 3/4” stuff around $20 for 6ft. But do they have a 1” ID? 3/4” is a little small for a 212 but it will probably work and may even be a perfect fit on the stock muffler flange when you cut it off. I think my first 212 pipe was about a 3/4 or 7/8” ID and in fact sounded better than the freer flowing larger diameter pipe. But I made the new one and gave the old one to a guy with an older 212 with smaller valves so it worked out great.

breath_easy13

Aug 27, 2019
North Caronlina
Looks like they sell the 3/4” stuff around $20 for 6ft. But do they have a 1” ID? 3/4” is a little small for a 212 but it will probably work and may even be a perfect fit on the stock muffler flange when you cut it off. I think my first 212 pipe was about a 3/4 or 7/8” ID and in fact sounded better than the freer flowing larger diameter pipe. But I made the new one and gave the old one to a guy with an older 212 with smaller valves so it worked out great.
nice, im just going to bring my exhaust flange to the lows and home depot and see what fits. I think there, they literally have rolls you can pick the length and cutt

breath_easy13

Aug 27, 2019
North Caronlina
are
you talking about the walker galvanized flex tube ? yeah ive seen it, but i have a feeling it might sound a bit brappppy for my taste, i think the electrical canduit with the rubber coating would minimize the brappy echo sound. could be wrong though

breath_easy13

Aug 27, 2019
North Caronlina
did you cutt the rubber coating off ? or just wrap it with exhaust tape ?

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
did you cutt the rubber coating off ? or just wrap it with exhaust tape ?
No I’m talking solid pipes. I actually gave up on the search for that flex tubing a long time ago. I ran the crappy copper stuff and it broke fast. I think that stuff Curt linked could be it...

breath_easy13

Aug 27, 2019
North Caronlina
No I’m talking solid pipes. I actually gave up on the search for that flex tubing a long time ago. I ran the crappy copper stuff and it broke fast. I think that stuff Curt linked could be it...
did the copper stuff sound brappy ? Would the rubber coating minimize the brap sound ?