Next La Jolla Revamped lmao!

GoldenMotor.com

Bobert

Aug 6, 2009
Ponca City, Oklahoma
Ok So it's been a few months since the last post I've made... Well I did finally get my motor, It did fit with some moditfications. I wasn't smart enough to take pictures when I was doing them but I do have the afterwards lol. Except for the Intake which I am waiting on right now.... It was Aluminum, and I don't have the right equipment at home to weld it, so I took it to a friends shop. I'm having him make the base plate made out of mild steel, So I can work with it. I will be fabricating a new intake, and possibly a dual intake for s's and g's...... I should have the piece this week. Any ways here are some updated pictures of the build..

Ok here's a run down of what I got and what I'm doing or have done....
Bike - Next La Jolla street cruisier...

Motor - Jet Stealth 80cc w/slant head. (it's better to get the Silver and Paint it Yourself)

Modifications - First and formost, The intake has to be completely redone, and I had to cut the front engine mount, and the pedal crank is barely clearing the muffler.

Intake - Is made from Aluminum, I can't work it at home. So I'm doing it out of mild steel. I have a 3/4" pipe (ID) for the actual intake and a 3/16" thick base plate. I will have pics during fab and when finished.

Engine Mount - I do have pix of the finished product. I had to take off about a 1/2" but it fits in place better now :)

Muffler - As for this I'm going to see how well it goes, and if I need to I'll go with the poo poo pipe or see about fabing something else up.....
------------------------------------------------

All that being Said When I finish the Intake and it works out alright I might be able to make some more of them just let me know.........

Now for the pictures, I have more so I will put another post up to finish all of them....

Pic #1 a loose fit of the Motor after We got the sprocket on and the wheel trued. All the little things are there too!

Pic #2 & #3 are of the Modified Engine Mount, I did pull off about a 1/2" and It gave me more clearance.

Pic #4 & #5 Are of the little bit of clearance I had with my frame and the intake.... I sanded it so melted paint wouldn't get into the motor..... Well I don't need it anymore lol....

Next pix on Next post!

Attachments

Bobert

Aug 6, 2009
Ponca City, Oklahoma
Here are 5 more pictures........ I did run Into another clearance Problem.... the Clutch Arm, We ended up having to cut it, but It doe work great!

Pic #1 Shows the clutch arm before We modded it it hits the frame and doesn't allow the clutch to disengage

Pic #2 I'm sorry that it's not all about the clutch, I was trying to get the back wheel and the Chains. It does show the modded clutch and I will have another pic of just the clutch if needed :) I do like my new pedal drive chain though lol.

Pic #3 The Clearance of the muffler and pedal cranke is sub 1/8" lmao, I really think It'll be ok but if not I can do something different.

Pic #4 & #5 Are the finished Product Minus the Intake, Which I am still waiting on lmao.... I should have the piece sometime this week and I will be finished and ready to ride this weekend if all goes well!
-------------------------------

Other modifications not shown...

5X thick Slime tubes
Inline fuel Filter

Side note, It is able to stand freely with the stock Kickstand.... Just figured I would say that.

Please give me feed back and let me know what you all think about what I am doing, I'm very interested and Will use any advice if able!!! Thank you everyone for taking your time to check my progress!!

Attachments

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I would get rid of that rubber you have in the mounts... It will cause problems down the line.
Also, you can 'slot' the mounting holes in the pipe & turn it out of the way of the pedals!

Good luck!