N2M "Classic Cruiser"

GoldenMotor.com

Cowboy Rider

Apr 20, 2009
Illinois
I recently acquired the Original Bike that made me go down this road in the first place. (Building my first Motor Bike) It's a Beaut, and I'd like to show y'all a couple of Pics of it.

This is the bike that got me into this into the first place, the one that inspired me to research just how to add an Engine to my old ass Mountain Bike and find this here Forum that I am now getting to know here, where I met you fine people.

Here she is, (the one that got me started here) and I'm the Very Proud new Owner of this Machine that I have named "The Classic Cruiser"!

I will admit that I did Not build this one myself. But I want to point out the Detail that the Builder went into when he did the work involved on the Front Engine Mount. Check out how Cleanly the builder integrated the Front Engine Mount into the classic Style of the Original Frame of the bike! IMHO, the Finish job is Superb!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My first bike was this one...

The "Classic Cruiser" is so much nicer, ain't it?

I love it, I love it, I love it.

She runs like a Dream, Looks Great, and I'm as proud as all get out to proclaim her as Mine and all mine. laff
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I guess that last Emoticon will represent my overly happy feeling I have inside for actually Owning this one. Need I say more?

Cowboy Rider

Apr 20, 2009
Illinois
The builder did a heck of a job on that mount, I'll agree. It looks like the instructions given for a Custom Front mount, and whoever built this one did some extra fill in work as well. My builder also Welded the custom bracket instead of bolting it through the frame like the Chinese Instructions tell ya to do. I think the Pic clearly shows the awesome job they did. :)

I just added a Speedometer today and can now say that she also got up to 30.5 MPH! Darn close to the 32.1 MPH I hit as a Max Speed on the bike I built myself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm looking to do a Little Bit of work to this bike as well, and will be looking for the best Forum/Board to ask my questions. One thing I really want to add to the Cruiser is a Front Hand Brake. The Cruiser only has the Coaster Brake, and I understand that these don't hold up well for bikes that can hit 30 MPH!

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
That's a really nice looking bike!
Most people never even think about it, but the tires really "make or break" the look of a bike.
This bike could really use some old school "brick pattern" cruiser tires!! IMHO (^)

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
HI good lookin bike! I have built several of that type over the years, and I can tell you hoe to put a basic front brake on it.

If that "beehive" fork does not have a hole going straight thru forward to back you can drill one to hole the old style "Caliper" brake. Now do not repeat a mistake I made on one a few years ago, so follow this step BEFORE drilling.

Look on the bottom of that fork and make sure there is not a bolt going upwards that origionally held a fender to the crown of the fork, if so, remove it so you do not hit it with the 1/4" drill bit!

You are right you really need a front brake.

Good luck, and happy riding,

Mike

Cowboy Rider

Apr 20, 2009
Illinois
Venice Boy,

Can ya show me a pic of the tires you have in mind? I'm not familiar with the Brick Pattern you mention, but I think a set of true White Walls would be SWEET! :D

Mike,

I was thinking the same thing for a front Hand Brake. Thanks for the tip to look for a fender mount bolt. Thanks also for Confirming my idea that I need a Front Brake. On my Daily Driver (the bike I built myself, now named "The Rat"), I find that I use that Front Brake much more often than the Rear Brake.

I've looked into a spare Caliper Brake that I have in my 'stash of stuff', and I do believe that it will fit over the fender too. That's cool, cause I don't want to loose the Original Fender when I add a hand brake up front. All I have to do is make damn sure that I drill that hole properly! :eek:

Do you also think that a regular Caliper Brake will clear the fender?

Cowboy Rider

Apr 20, 2009
Illinois
Adding a Hand Brake to the front has proven to be more than I can do without swapping out the front Fork. (something I am reluctant to do on the Cruiser)

BUT! I think I can fabricate a mount for the Rear Wheel's Hand Brake!

Also, I've added some lights to the Cruiser. Here's a Pic so far.

The style and fit of the Headlight is just about Perfect, IMHO. Ain't it?

Last edited: