Cant stop bike

GoldenMotor.com

James91

Jul 6, 2009
America
I'm very new to this and just recently got my bike working. I am able to pedal the bike and also let out on the clutch but the problem is when I try to push the clutch in while the motor is running and the bike is moving it will not go into neutral. Also as soon as i let out on the clutch and the engine starts it takes off quite fast. I don't even have to pull back on the throttle at all. Please help

floridaboy

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL.
All your problems are the result of not haveing your clutch and throttle adjusted properly.Please read the instructions you received or check the form for instrucions. You should made the repairs before you try rideing you bike again. We donot want any one to get hurt. Take your time and check every thing out.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
James,
Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place for answers to your questions. Here is a link to some classic building instructions that hopefully will offer you some advice on how to set up and adjust those areas that require it. Good luck and keep us posted and don't hesitate to come back if you're still having problems.

http://motorbicycling.com/f30/how-links-1930.html
Tom

Echotraveler

Aug 25, 2008
Respuesta: Cant stop bike

plz correct me if im wrong.

the throttle cable is adjusted like brakes...you twist or loosen them to get the wire tight (no slack)

as pointed out i bet your clutch is not set properly..when you pull the clutch the motor has to freewheel sort of and when you let the clutch go it should grab...

the motor being accelerated seems that either your cable is too tight or your iddler screw is way in...

a good rule of thumb with the iddler screw is "screw it to the end, then unscrew 2 times" start with that, also check the carb needle clip..sometimes it has to much air.....and it acts all accelerated..

James91

Jul 6, 2009
America
I figured out how to adjust the throttle cable and I can now get my bike to idle but it is very loud and does not change when I turn the idler screw.

skyliner

May 17, 2009
jensen
is your carb hat on to tight somtimes that will stop the slide from going back down try and loosen it a little bit your carb hat is the big hand screw that the throttle cable runs into try that good luck and happy trails