Request tester for tuned pipe

GoldenMotor.com

hill climber

Sep 11, 2008
paso robles, california
i live on the central coast in california and ride to work almost every day. i responded by email as instructed in the first post. i would love to test your pipe. i have 2 running ht's, 1 stock, 1 modded, both with expantion chambers, i also have a stock exhaust to compare to. i saw theadded pic and was wondering if the pipe is a down pipe.

theycallmebob

Dec 13, 2008
Gainesville, FL
Well I for one like what I am seeing here. I think the pipe looks good and the price is excellent, especially compared to what else is out there.

I REALLY like the idea of providing a tuning guide, as I have little to no experience with these two stroke carburetor engines. I can guarantee I will get one when they are released, especially if you throw in a tuning guide and have a flat black option.

If I knew more about tuning I would gladly help you all out.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
will this pipe use the hose fittings or will it be an all welded up pipe.
If you can't find anyone to test out your pipe and as long as I'm allowed to cut and weld it up to fit one of my bikes I might be interested I don't want to fool with hoses or springs.
I don't need to keep the pipe as I've got all my bikes with home made pipes that I rolled myself.
Norman

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
It will use the fittings and springs for a variety of reasons. The major one is that it allows you to change the overall geometry of the pipe so that it will fit many different frames. It also allows adjusting the header length to tune the pipe to your engine and gearing. Another good reason is that most people don't have welders. However after someone gets it adjusted and fit there would be no problem welding it if they had the capability but it is definitely not required.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Ghost - did you ever get anyone to have a go at the pipe. I have five bikes and the only thing I have not done is add a Expansion chamber. I don't have a stock ported engine though all mine are one stage or another in porting. But I could buy a stock one if you need an evaluation for stock. PM me if you still need someone, Ill try it on any configuration you like. Have fun, Dave

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I've got a bone stock engine and a CE clutch kit. I could run it stock or with the clutch kit.
Sure wouldn't mind testing an expansion chamber pipe, I'd love tuning it and getting the proper length in the pipe, for each of the different applications, low end torque as well as mid and high end.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Thanks for all that showed interest. We have 3 pipes out being tested. If after the initial trial we need more input I will give the rest of you a holler.

Hot Dog Piggy Tails

Sep 11, 2008
Kelso Wa
Well first off youll have like to have:1: set a timing at a certain duration ratio's and set all the donor engine ports to that. I have yet to see any two high end engines with the same Timing and ratios. When every thing is clean flat and where they were meant to be cast' you will see performance that is much more predictable. I would offer to take the Job but If I had the time I would have stopped by our local exhaust shop and then by my friends Fab shop. Have a bud there. Spring farrel seat on the Block is probably the quickest for tuning. Also by stats on your computer Expansion chamber so you know where to go to do what you need to do to get the response to what you are to do with out doing it first. Pretty gradual increase in Dia. and then a good shouldering (Quick dia shrink) out about 1/3 of the size of the input to the chamber..to expell gasses. Id work with this to start as the mid range would allow for a better power band control with multiple Gears.

Hot Dog Piggy Tails

Sep 11, 2008
Kelso Wa
oh if you dent one just plug one end with a wet rag and heat the pipe up with a wide dove tail (through a cutting tip) heat all the way around the dent then blow into the other side with you compressor nozzle with a wet rag around it as a gasket. two peolpe can do a pretty good job

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
We have stock and are ready to ship but are waiting on exhaust gaskets. Should be here by this weekend. We will have an announcement when they are ready to ship.

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Hey Ghost0,
When are you guys going to start selling the engine kits as well?
One stop shopping, with one box of goodies arriving at the door would be nice.

trson

Sep 13, 2008
Would the sickbikeparts tuned pipe fit the schwinn OCC that has livefastmotors mount?