i need help my bike wont start

GoldenMotor.com

hello

Mar 23, 2009
arizona
my bike wont spark when i try to start. it leaks oil out of the muffler after i try toget it started. ive changed the spark plug and checked the wireing can some body help me

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I your getting a lot of product out of the exhaust pipe carb bowl over flowing? Need more info.. What is your fuel/oil mix? Does it have spark when you ground the spark plug to the head and turn the motor over? More info please..

BrassoMan

Apr 15, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us.

Have you had it running before?

Try to disconnect the kill switch and give it a go.
Hi, I think I have the same problem as him. When i try and start the engine, all I feel is the vibration of the piston moving up and down with the occasional cough. There is also a bit of blacky brown oil leaking from the exhaust.
I have checked and I am getting a spark.
I have not started the engine before, i have just installed it. I am using unleaded 95 or something rather with 2 stroke oil.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
:-||

I just went and rolled down a hill with the clutch engaged, the engine was noticeably warm suggesting that there was combustion.

Last edited:

DEATH4OF4

Mar 22, 2009
Green Bay, Wisconsin (Frozen Tundra)
Check The Fuel Mixture. If Its Not Broken In Use 16:1. Check The Carb For Leaks Around The Intake Manifold. Use A Ngk Plug With Proper Gap + Use A Better Plug Wire. If Its Dripping Oil From The Pipe You Probably Got To Much Oil In The Gas. Hope This Helps
.........................................................................................................................
I Don't Know Everything...but I Know What Works.