I think i have a air leak.

GoldenMotor.com

sb bikes

Jul 24, 2008
owosso michigan
Just got my bike back together, rebuilt top end . started my bike and seem run good but no throtle. checked cable moves has slack does not seem to be too tight . had too ride it , my bike goes at one speed , if i change the idle screw theres no change to idle? was nice to ride again even though i got wind burn 35 degrees.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
We're going to need more information before offering much help. Is your motor a 2 stroke? What do you mean by "rebuilt the top end"? These engines have no valves or valve trane in the top end so other than replacing the head gasket there's not much to do up there. Did you have the carb apart? Remove the air cleaner and look into the throat of the carb while twisting your throttle. Do you see anything moving? There is a cylindrical piece, sort of a dark brown color, that should slide up and down when you move the throttle twist grip. It moves up when you twist it to the accelerate position and down at idle. Let's start there and get back to us with a little more and better discription of what you have and what you've done to it.
Tom

sb bikes

Jul 24, 2008
owosso michigan
going out to look at it again. what I meant by rebuilding the top end replaced piston, rings,cylender,head gasket and base gasket. I used high temp gasket seeler on all gaskets.