How to load soft ware for magic pie 3 help

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
if you have the newer software you first have to unzip it. i know it took me hours and many bad words to realize that's why it was not opening lol

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
You would think GM would make it a little easier since that's what they are supposed to be all about.know what I mean?

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
My computer will not unzip it. What do I do? I'm sorry but I cant figure it out and don't want to wreck my pc. Again.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Not sure what the issue may be, but if it won't extract you could try http://www.win-rar.com/download.html - the utility of choice that can unpack most archive formats, it's the only one I use...

After installation just right-click the compressed file & choose "extract here" from the drop down menu.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I am going to try(cross fingers). I'm not sure if it will but it might. I don't have a magic pie. What I have is the controller. You see, I bought the 48v 1000w kit from them before the magic pie came out. I have to order the interface cable from them still. But I'm not going to if I cant get the software to work. I'm not using the kit right now because I need a battery pack for it( I have 3 hub motors and 2 controllers but only one battery pack right now) Thanks

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Got it working! Now I just need the interface cable! model PI 200E. It should work with my controller!( I hope). controller mx-48c-EB-D.( looks just like the one that says BAC-281P).I bought it when it first came out. I need to get a controller box from them too. And a new set of wires would be nice too but I can work with the old ones if I have to. The controller I'm using on my bike right now is actually a 36v sensorless from a five flags electro hub kit( first kit I bought over 5 years ago) but I'm running it on 48v now (works fine but just has throttle and that's it!).

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Paul emailed me a copy already unzipped. But, I still need the interface cable. One of the reasons I want it is because they set my controller to have a top speed of 24mph which made me mad and they didn't have the interface to user program it then. I mean I paid all this money for a 48v1000w kit and 48v20ah lifepo4 from them and it only went 24 mph so I was kinda ticked I feel like they kind of jerked me over. Battery didn't even have a charger connector on it. They seem to have sorted a lot of issues out and gotten better now.