2 or 3 gear transmission

GoldenMotor.com

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Hello everybody. I got myself a lowrider bike with a 80cc engine and was wondering if there are any transmissions with more than one gear, so its possible to drive at higher speeds with lower rpm because i dont like to hear that tiny little engine screaming like that.

Thanks

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Yea, a Shift-kit is pretty much your only option for bolt-on gears. And with your lowrider, you will need a multi-speed hub to make use of it. Unless you were lucky enough to get one with 'cassette' gears.

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Problem is, you are not starting out with much horsepower.
Many riders go to the 4 cycle Predator engine, which is bigger, and better.

A shift-kit is an option, but pricey.
The supporting vendors here offer them.

Or, you can change your rear sprocket to suit the terrain you need to operate on, for the most part.

I am not familiar with the island, or your personal needs/desires.
You can only get so much from a chinagirl.

If it won't work for you, better to get a real motorcycle than dump a lot of money in a chinagirl.

Best
rc

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
in my opinion (and not that I have experience with either engine yet, but hopefully soon lol), the two best engines for a motorized bicycle are a morini or a predator, at least from what I hear. its not cheap to install either engine, but worth it from what I have read. I am not sure if there is a way to achieve good gear reduction on a morini with a single gear on the back, but i know it can be achieved fairly easily with the predator, and there are a few options available for a transmission. Thats why I am installing a predator on my cruiser as soon as I aquire the funds. I have a 44t rear sprocket, and with the transmission I am going to install, I am still going to be able to achieve proper reduction for a final drive of 8.96:1, which is double what you get with a china engine.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Problem is, you are not starting out with much horsepower.
Many riders go to the 4 cycle Predator engine, which is bigger, and better.

A shift-kit is an option, but pricey.
The supporting vendors here offer them.

Or, you can change your rear sprocket to suit the terrain you need to operate on, for the most part.

I am not familiar with the island, or your personal needs/desires.
You can only get so much from a chinagirl.

If it won't work for you, better to get a real motorcycle than dump a lot of money in a chinagirl.

Best
rc
Thx everybody for the answers. Very interesting. I just bought it for fun. Motorcycles here are extremely dangerous because there are holes big as craters in some streets, even on highways due the tropical climate - plus - people drive pretty stupid here sometimes. Actually I bought the bike to get faster to some local surf spots and I was planning to buy a surf rack for the bike.

I dont want to appear lazy Google wise, but if somebody could link me to some stores/websites where I can read about the Predator engine and the shift kit that is working with those engines and people here would recommend, I would be thankful.

I am completely new to those bikes but it seems pretty simple everything. What I definitely want is a shift kit. The engine I am running is going like crazy - really pulls all the way through the rpm and I was really surprised because I didnt expect such a acceleration at all. I remember asking the seller how much the top speed is and he told me 55-60 and from what I can tell after a couple days is that I dont even want to get above 50 anymore. Its pretty damn fast how the bike is built. Pretty unstable because of the fork.