99cc and Torque Converter?

GoldenMotor.com

BeaverRat

Jun 27, 2011
WA
who makes a mount for a custom build....YOU DO
what you think they make mounts to fit every motor to every bicycle ever built
the 99cc pred motor was never intended to be bolted into the frame of a bicycle that is the fact. There are non kit builds and are called just that because you may have to modify or make parts or use parts that were never intended to be used the way you will need to use them. That is where some get the most enjoyment from this hobby. You have to be willing to look at the problem and see what you can do to fix it.
Ok I'm gonna try this again. I understand everything you are saying, it's obvious. I get it that you think everything for a custom build should be made by the builder. I get it that parts will need to be made or modified. It is obvious. My question was (for the third time) is if there a mount that can be purchased that can acomplish the offsetting required of the cvt. If not, I will make one.

THANK YOU Wayne!
You answered my question perfectly, and didn't make me feel like a fool either.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
why build when you can buy something that will work maybe cheaper then you can make it. Problem is when nothing is made that will work you have no choice but to modify or make that part. As far as I know there is currently not a motor mount available that has a decent amount of adjustability. And that is where the idea of a jack shaft comes in. It allows you
to place the motor on the bikes center line and still matches the sprocket on the rear wheel. You may want to use a freewheel on the jackshaft so you do not have the drag when pedaling that comes from the belt and pulleys of the cvt. With the Cvt the 99 will be a little wider then with the AGK kit and cover. Might save you the headache of trying to bend the crank arms to get them to clear the motor/cvt.