my first motor bike build

GoldenMotor.com

badcycles

Apr 14, 2011
australia
on regards to the paining of the engine, in my opinion id first atack the engine fines with a file squaring them of with the file to make a nice flat face on the fines and giving some cemantary to the cyl and head then get a fine file and smoth it all down then go through some polishing proces to makle em shine (just the out side edge of the finns.. then take all the side covers of the motor paint the engine satin black,, for a factory look have some thinners handy on a rag and wipe the polished fine edges clean ,, now go and get your side covers polished to leave a lovly polished alloy look.. get some nice black allen key bolats and bolt it alltogether this will then of set and complement a nice black engine with shinny alloy accents to your black cruser and will look alot better then a out of the box flat alloy motor..

just a suggestion but i think it would look majic in your bike..

badcycles

Apr 14, 2011
australia
on regards to the paining of the engine, in my opinion id first atack the engine fines with a file squaring them of with the file to make a nice flat face on the fines and giving some cemantary to the cyl and head then get a fine file and smoth it all down then go through some polishing proces to makle em shine (just the out side edge of the finns.. then take all the side covers of the motor paint the engine satin black,, for a factory look have some thinners handy on a rag and wipe the polished fine edges clean ,, now go and get your side covers polished to leave a lovly polished alloy look.. get some nice black allen key bolats and bolt it alltogether this will then of set and complement a nice black engine with shinny alloy accents to your black cruser and will look alot better then a out of the box flat alloy motor..

just a suggestion but i think it would look majic in your bike..

highlander9

Oct 15, 2010
Illinois
Re: i got a pletscher

i just got a pletscher! this kick stand is awesome. i highly recommend them for any motor biker out there. i need to cut mine down a little tho. the rear is a bit high.
How sturdy and stable is this kickstand w/ the engine running? Can you rev it really high and still keep balance over this "Pletscher" kickstand? Or does it tend to shake and make a racket? Just curious because I'm looking into getting one of these for my bike.

-h

driftology

Jun 22, 2010
campbell, ca
im pretty sure it wont shake too much. for what ever reason my motor has lost its awful vibrations. but i can say i usually start up my bike and leave it on the kick stand while i ready myself. my bike is pretty heavy, so that could be why i dont get that much vibration. it tips the scales at 64 pounds. my clutch button doesnt work that well so the kickstand does a good job of keeping the rear wheel off the ground. it also has a pretty stiff spring to keep it in place while it is up. it doesnt chatter while i am riding like my original kickstand did. i was hoping i would be able to start my motor while the kickstand was down but i dont think it is up to the challenge on a high compression motor.